BETA test version GIFT-E / 4-23-07

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Barry

Post by Barry » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:19 am

[quote]Unfortunatly the total number people writing code for this software is still just me. So to devote time to this problem would mean that I would have to stop work on getting gift cards to work and there are lots and lots of folks out there who would say that getting gift cards to function is way more important then the penny chase.
[/quote]

I understand. Just to keep it in mind.

Powerbob
Occasional Poster

Hmmmm

Post by Powerbob » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:29 am

Downloaded and it worked :lol:

This has great possibillities, keep it up! :lol:

Bob

mrdmng
Forum Regular

Cash In/Out

Post by mrdmng » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:05 pm

While testing POSGift5 I noticed both "Put Cash in drawer" and "Remove cash from drawer" just shut down POS

Powerbob
Occasional Poster

shutdown?

Post by Powerbob » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:16 am

Hmmm just read your post, then loaded posgift5 and could not confirm your error. It went as it was supposed to. No crash at my end.
What versions are you using?

Bob

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:13 pm

mrdmng,

Not a problem here. When the program shut down for you did you get an error message, what was it? At what point did the program shut down? Were you able to select between "No sale", "Add money", and "Subtract money"? Were you able to enter a monetary amount? Any other details?

Dale

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Yes, Yes.

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:03 am

I know, I know i'm late on this one but i am doing some seroius banging on the thing. So far all is going fine i'm able to do Gift card transactions fine (Or i guess fine, I enter the amount to be charged to a card and it does so)

(Side note: I plan on purchaseing a copy of Windows Vista Ulitimate Editon within the next 3 weeks)

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:59 pm

Dale

I can say you added gift cards the way I would like it. It is straight forward and easy to use like the rest of your POS Software. I hope other people out there do not want to make changes to it.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Bobby
Forum Regular

Great Info

Post by Bobby » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:14 pm

Hello Dale,

You have got this figured out almost perfect. One thing that I find redundant is selecting "gift cards" then "Yes." Then you give an option "1" - do not sell gift cards. That seems to me to be an extra step. If I did not want to sell gift cards, I would just chose "No." Everything else seems great. I like the idea of recording the transactions, being able to do a payout.

Good luck with the programming side!!!

Thanks again Dale,
Bobby

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Not a gift card

Post by daleadmin » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:26 pm

Well the reason for setting gift cards to "YES" on the main payment options screen and then again on the gift card format screen is that if you set it to "YES" one main screen and "no" on the format screen then you can use the gift card payment method for some other payment method of your own (who knows what?) and then the program will not ask you for the gift card number when you use it.

Dale

Bobby
Forum Regular

I See

Post by Bobby » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:53 pm

Ah, Dale,

I see, makes perfect sense, as always!

Thanks,

Bobby

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:06 pm

Dale

that was a very good idea for people that what maybe to have two custom payment of there own.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

bellamyjames

Post by bellamyjames » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:15 pm

About the topic above is that in gift5 or in a future beta version? (the one dale wrote about the features). I was wondering because when I try to do the history by pressing F1 it doesn't do anything in gift5.

FormicaFun
Forum Regular

Gift5

Post by FormicaFun » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:47 pm

Ok, maybe I'm crazy... but the new gift card feature isn't working for me.

I've tried having the settings on "yes" accept gift cards under Payment Options, then settings to 2)gift card number is entered, etc... and 2)do not print....

Go into a purchase screen, hit [f10], sell a gift card for 25.00.

Go into a purchase screen, ring items up, select 5. Gift card.... then it only asks for the amount charged to the gift card, and never the gift card number to debit the account. Nor can I access the [f1] [f1] gift card database.

Am I doing something wrong?

I've started with a clean slate (new files/stock table/.pos file), and a converted existing file. Both variations have the same results. I've also verified that [GIFT5] is the version from the main screen.

Other than that, great work so far Dale. I'm really glad to see the gift card option coming to life.

-Ryan :o)

Nick
Forum Regular

same problem

Post by Nick » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:28 pm

I'm having the same problems as FormicaFun here too.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Not done

Post by daleadmin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Well that is because the gift feature is not done yet. What is here is just a preview.

Dale