A few questions to POS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Powerbob
Occasional Poster
A few questions to POS

Post by Powerbob » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:57 am

Hi,

I am relatively new to this software, I have been experimenting with it's use for about 5/6 weeks. Two points come to mind.

1.) Voids.

When voiding a transaction/line it does not ask for a password? even though I set one in the config menue.

2.) Coupons.
It would be handy to be able to print coupon when needed! The options now available for business users is very limited.

More to follow :D

Powerbob[/list]

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:45 am

Powerbob, from the sounds of it you have not set the password mode for voids under "Passwords & Name" in POSCONFG. Beside "void" is a space for the password, and to the right of that is the password mode. Use the arrow keys to move down to the void password, and use the [Tab] key to toggle the mode number.

As you move through each password - an explanation of the mode numbers is shown in the lower portion of the screen.

As for coupons - well they've worked pretty well up until now, any change would require a large consensus from the user base to try and persuade Dale.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

lemon535
Forum Regular

Post by lemon535 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:35 am

Andrew,

I think he means when voiding [F5] lines or sales in Purchase.

No you can't. The password Andrew is talking about is the completed sale Void. If you need to void a sale that has been fully processed.

Powerbob
Occasional Poster

Re: .

Post by Powerbob » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:39 am

lemon535 wrote:Andrew,

I think he means when voiding [F5] lines or sales in Purchase.

No you can't. The password Andrew is talking about is the completed sale Void. If you need to void a sale that has been fully processed.
Yes thanks, that's what I meant :D

Bob

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Re: A few questions to POS

Post by ChrisKraus » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:59 am

Powerbob wrote:2.) Coupons.
It would be handy to be able to print coupon when needed! The options now available for business users is very limited.
If you are intrested in printing coupons out with reciepts, see the 'Reciept Coupon' option in POSCONFG.EXE

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus