seting up printer - need help

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

mrdmng
Forum Regular
seting up printer - need help

Post by mrdmng » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:10 pm

Not sure what is going on, but for some reason I cannot print sales receipts opening receipts and not sure what else at the moment...

As I am testing the new POSGift5 on my laptop, using a Dell 720 printer connected to a USB port everything related to the printer stopped responding giving me the following error message:
Device fault in line 7 of module POS3 at address 2C29:4540

Hit any key to return to system
When I hit any key, POS just shuts down

I tried to run APRINT.EXE, select the correct printer, then select courier with font size 10 but still get the same problem.

It is really strange as I did not have any problems in the past. I even tried it with POS6.39h and the same thing happen

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated.

Mario

daleadmin
Forum Owner

FILE:

Post by daleadmin » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:02 pm

mrdmng,

Have you gone to the "printer setup" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and pressed [F5] so that you can set the printer port to FILE: ?

If you have a computer without a parallel printer port, or you have one but not printer is attached to that port, and the program has the print data being sent to LPT1: (the default) then various nasty things will happen.

Here is some fascinating reading. http://keyhut.com/postip3a.htm#aprint