has stopped adding sales tax why?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Lanbro
has stopped adding sales tax why?

Post by Lanbro » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:02 pm

I have 2 programs running on two different computers and both have suddenly stopped adding sales tax when you press the (+) key...

Please explian why.. or better yet what I can do to fix please....

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:11 pm

When reporting a potential bug it's important to advise what version of DHPOS you're using, especially at the moment as we have several beta test versions in use. The version is shown in the bottom right of the main menu.

Also - have you gone into POSCONFG and ensured that your tax settings are still there?
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Lanbro

6.39i is the version

Post by Lanbro » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:21 pm

and I have checked all the tables all the tax info is there...
It seems like it all began around when I activated the Stock Table and Inventory programs

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Stock table

Post by daleadmin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:52 pm

Lanbro,

Do you have a tax rate assigned to every item in your stock table? When you go to the stock table notice the column marked TAX. If the column is all zeros then you have assigned all items to tax rate line #0 which is always a rate of zero. If you move the lightbar to the "TAX" column all of your tax rates will appear in the text area of the screen. Let's say you want to assign the tax rate of 5.500% to an item. In the text area of the screen is listed

0 = 0.000
1 = 5.500
2 = 2.000
3 = 0.000

Then obviously you would assign tax rate #1 to that item by filling in 1 in the TAX column for that item.

Dale