Open drawer while no print receipt on the printer.

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

heman
Occasional Poster
Open drawer while no print receipt on the printer.

Post by heman » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:02 pm

the drawer did not open while 'Print receipts on a printer' set to 'no'..
can make it open? i need to put money inside the drawer(my drawer connected to the printer)...thanks

heman

ibmsystems
Forum Regular

Re: Open drawer while no print receipt on the printer.

Post by ibmsystems » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:54 am

heman wrote:the drawer did not open while 'Print receipts on a printer' set to 'no'..
can make it open? i need to put money inside the drawer(my drawer connected to the printer)...thanks

heman
Well. I dont know if its possible. As to open the drawer you have to send a signal to the receipt printer. On the terminals that dont print receipts i just have the printer looping the paper (i.e Tape the two ends together so that the little bit of paper just loops through again and again

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:38 pm

Heman,

If you want to tell the program that you do not have a printer by setting "Print receipts on a printer." to "NO" then the program is very cool with that and will not send anything to your printer. This includes the signal to pop open the cash drawer.

It would be possible to change the program to send the "pop open" signal to the printer even if you had set "Print receipts on a printer." to "NO." However those people who actually have no printer attached to their computer would then receive a printer error because, you know what, they don't have a printer and stuff is being sent to it.

So there is the option of "Ask before printing sales receipts" and you can use that and always use the "NO" option to not print receipts. True you would have to poke and additional key but then according to Thomas Hobbes, "Life is solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short" and I am just doing my part to help that along.