Inventory bug

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

heman
Occasional Poster
Inventory bug

Post by heman » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:32 pm

hi..found a bug

in stock table
stock number- 123
description- orange
r price-$10.00
inventory- 100

in sale (scanner mode)(inventory tracking)
scan 123 with CR
press "Tab" can see the inventory count is 100
press "enter" twice will back to the sale list
let say we accidentally press "enter" again, it will show out "enter a valid stock number" then press again the "enter" to disappear the message.

now press "tab" to see the inventory count again..after that press "enter" back to sale list and the error message "no enough item in stock" will show, but the actual stock still remain available..

thank you.
heman

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:33 pm

I can confirm this bug occurs in version 6.39Q.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:27 pm

And how many times in an hour are we going to be doing this? Or as the old joke goes, "Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I do this. Doctor: Well then don't do that."

Sounds good to me.

I think I will just declare this a hidden feature and just ignore it completely.

While it would be really swell if I tracked down every possible combination of keys you could possibly press at any point in the program (Dale: if you are searching for an item in the stock table and press [ALT] + [HOME] then the down arrow key, then [ENTER], [TAB], [ENTER] then [CTRL] + [F12] the compter will display a very bad word in Chinese.) and then add code to the program to prevent this I would have time for little else. And anyway I tried your thing a couple if times and could not get it to happen.

So unless this turns into a really big deal I think I am going back to working on gift cards. But keep me posted on this if it causes any real problems.

Dale

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:42 pm

Agreed, it is one of those odd combinations which is unlikely to be struck very often (or at all) - I just chipped in to confirm it and in what version :P
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

heman
Occasional Poster

Post by heman » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:53 pm

hi..
the key "enter" and "tab" are normally use in this program..sometime this will accur in daily use..
the other priority is if we void the transaction above, the stock table inventory amount will error.. it will become 101..this is very important in inventory tracking..

thank you

heman