Undocumented feature (BUG)

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Bobby
Forum Regular
Undocumented feature (BUG)

Post by Bobby » Sat May 05, 2007 12:29 am

Hi Dale,

I found a feature that I do not think should be in the program. I was playing around, and it seems that you can do a payout on a gift card, but when you get to the tender screen, you can input any total that you want. I did not delve on how this effects reports or how well the person auditing the till would be able to spot this if an employee decided to steal, this way. Here is the process:

go to #2. Return/Payout

select #2. Payout

hit F10 = Payout gift card balance

insert your giftcard #

hit enter to skip the amount

hit + to total the sale

select cash as tender

Enter the cash amount of refund pops up. At this, the cashier is able to put ANY amount in.

The register refunds the amount put in, with NO cap on how mush is actually on the gift card.

I checked this out with the return portion, and the register will not let you complete a return without the correct amount entered equaling the refund amount.

This might be due to the fact that the gift card payout is located in payout and not return portion of the program.

Thanks again Dale for the wonderful program,
Bobby