Printing Problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

phill2000star
Occasional Poster
Printing Problem

Post by phill2000star » Sat May 12, 2007 1:06 pm

Hi all.

I am using an Epson TMT88 iii Thermal Printer with my setup and have a slight issue.

When I print receipts / reports DHPOS seems to print a additional 2 inches of blank receipt at the end and does not cut the paper.

I have checked the setting in DHPO to see if it fixes it but to no avail.

Im have the printer connected via parallel port, set as default generic printer and I'm currently using the following codes.

Printer ready code - 216
Cutter Bar - 29, 86, 49
Kick Drawer - 27, 112, 0, 25, 250, 0

Funny thing is when I press F4 during the setup of each function it works perfectly. It only stops working when I print an actual receipt or print an example receipt in the printer setup screen.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

phill2000star
Occasional Poster

Post by phill2000star » Sun May 13, 2007 1:48 pm

Just to add further information to this problem.

I have tried the printer with a fresh install of DHPOS on another PC with the same results.

I tried printing the coupons at the bottom of the receipt and it prints the coupons, without the usual 2" of blank receipt, but still doesn't cut the paper.

Can't anyone help me with this??

Thankyou!

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun May 13, 2007 7:46 pm

Try setting the cutter bar code to 27,109

Dale

phill2000star
Occasional Poster

Post by phill2000star » Mon May 14, 2007 4:42 am

Hi,

Yeah I have tried that code too with no avail. I don't know why but it still doesnt work?

Do you have any other suggestions?....

phill2000star
Occasional Poster

Post by phill2000star » Mon May 14, 2007 11:00 am

Hi,

just an update. I have tried the other code you gave me, which didn't work. Then I stumbled upon this post.

http://www.dhpos.com/discuss/phpBB2/vie ... cutter+bar

I have tried the steps outlined and sent the codes 65,66,67 to the printer and it prints out ABC when i test the new cutter code. It DOES NOT print this at the bottom of reports / receipts.

Dos this shed any light on to the subject? I am running DHPOS under WIN98SE and I have tried both the epson partial cut drivers and the winfows genereic drivers on both codes to no avail. I have also tried to download the fix indicated on the post linked above, but it no longer exists.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon May 14, 2007 6:30 pm

Are you using this over a network?

I tried this on both stand-alone and network and it worked both ways. However it will not print the cutter code if you have the printer setup set to PAGE instead of CONT. because page printers do not have cutterbars. and anyway if you have a receipt printer it should be set to CONT.

Dale

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Mon May 14, 2007 11:49 pm

phill2000star wrote:I have also tried to download the fix indicated on the post linked above, but it no longer exists.
As a side note - that link will no longer function as the thread is quite old and the fix no doubt would have been assimilated into subsequent versions of DHPOS. As Dale said above - check you have the DHPOS printer setup set to continuous and not page.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

phill2000star
Occasional Poster

Post by phill2000star » Wed May 16, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi,

just an update. The problem was the PAGE / CONT option. All fixed after adding the 5 lines at the end of each sale so it didn't cut off the last line of the receipt. All Perfect!

Thankyou guys!