Newbie trying to work with Axiohm A715

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Jfroche
Occasional Poster
Newbie trying to work with Axiohm A715

Post by Jfroche » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi.
Under XP, I installed the generic txt printer but cant get the Axiohm 715 to fully or partially cut or to open the cash drawer. Everything else is fine. I've tried all the codes on Dale's site to no avail. Anyone got any ideas? Do I need to use the actual A715 driver (which I cant seem to find anywhere) or is there another driver I can use?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:55 pm

http://www.axiohm.com/
go to tec support then downloads, you'll need to register

mind you try and get a pdf manual, email them?
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)

Jfroche
Occasional Poster

Post by Jfroche » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:48 pm

IAN wrote:http://www.axiohm.com/
go to tec support then downloads, you'll need to register

mind you try and get a pdf manual, email them?
Thanks but went through the registration process and found nothing. I sent a note to TPG (who took over Axiohm?) and they referred to Pertech Resources who sent me some useful information including the codes to modify the Win XP Generic Text-only printer and a user manual for the A716. However, despite using all of the codes in the XP printer driver and in the Cash Register software, my problems continue: receipt will print perfectly but no cut and cash drawer doesn't open.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:26 am

Try this. change the open cash drawer code to 65,66,67,68,69. This will not open the cash drawer but will instead print ABCDE at the top of the receipt. This is a test to see if the code is being sent to the printer. Let me know if this happens.

Dale

Jfroche
Occasional Poster

Post by Jfroche » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:20 pm

daleadmin wrote:Try this. change the open cash drawer code to 65,66,67,68,69. This will not open the cash drawer but will instead print ABCDE at the top of the receipt. This is a test to see if the code is being sent to the printer. Let me know if this happens.

Dale
Tks. I'll try this tonight and post the result.

Jfroche
Occasional Poster

Post by Jfroche » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:23 pm

Jfroche wrote:
daleadmin wrote:Try this. change the open cash drawer code to 65,66,67,68,69. This will not open the cash drawer but will instead print ABCDE at the top of the receipt. This is a test to see if the code is being sent to the printer. Let me know if this happens.

Dale
Tks. I'll try this tonight and post the result.
When I put this sequence in both the cash drawer open and paper cutter, ABCDE was printed. From that I understand that the printer is receiving the code correctly so why do the recommended codes for Full and Partial Paper Cut and Cash Drawer not work. I have seen this actual printer do a partial cut but have never seen the cash drawer open. Any thoughts?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:48 pm

Jfroche,

Since ABCDE is being printed on the paper the most likely problem is that the codes you are using (and are listed on my site) are incorrect for your printer.

The obvious solution is to contact Axiohm by going to their site at http://www.axiohm.com/ and downloading the manual for your printer. Or you could call them at 33 1 58 07 17 17 which unfortunately is in France so it could cost you some serious money. Remember to take the different time zone into account.

You can also fill in their contact form at their website. The form will allow you to ask a question, like about the open cash drawer code, and they may answer it.

Dale

Jfroche
Occasional Poster

Post by Jfroche » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:46 pm

So here's the scoop on the Axiohm A715 from a support perspective: there is none! I've tried Axiohm, TPG and Pertech Resources. Pertech send me some cut and cash drawer codes which do not appear to work. While I suspect the cash drawer may be incompatible or faulty, I'm disappointed that I cannot get the cut functions to work (as I know they do on this printer). I'll update here with any developments.

Thanbks for the help and advice.

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:48 am

I see this printer has the following emulations

ESC/POS; Epson TM-T80, TM-T85, TM-300D; NCR 7193; Star TSP-300D; Verifone 900/250, Citizen CBM-231

Try using the codes that apply for each one of those - you might be lucky

Oh, and by the way, one of the things that people frequently overlook is setting the correct 'Printer Ready' code so make sure you do that first.

What happens when you power up with the paper feed button held down - does it print out all sorts of useful codes and settings?