Automatically fill in amount tendered for other than cash

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Should all forms of payment automatically have the total amount of the sale entered as the default payment or only "cash"?

Only CASH should have the amount filled in.
33%
ALL forms of payment should have the amount filled in
67%

Total votes: 18

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Automatically fill in amount tendered for other than cash

Post by daleadmin » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:16 pm

As you all know, at the end of the sale, if you choose the "cash" tender the program will fill in the amount of the sale as the default for the amount paid. However for all other tenders the default entered will be zero and you have to type in the amount even.

The reason for this is that it will make you check to see if you charged the correct amount on on your credit / debit / other device or check the amount of the check rather than just press [ENTER] and then hope that it is correct.

Well apparently a large segment of users out there are preparing to commit mass suicide because they can no longer face the requirement of actually having to actually type in the amout tendered.

My initial response to this was "good riddance!" Then I remembered my new policy of no longer saving users from themselves so I am going to take a poll.

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:46 pm

When I first started using DHPOS the tender amount thing seems silly that it wouldn't default to the sales amount except for CASH. Then after a while (thanks to Dale) I realized that in fact I was being saved from my own lack of attention while working the till. Thankfully this epiphany occurred way back in the day when God had just started to throw dirt around and Dale was busy saving people from themselves..

Dale, it seems many are willing to ignore your many years of retail exp. and that you had been forced to work with other peoples (bad/Poor) registers and POS systems. There are tens of loyal followers who learn and trust your teaching and the CHA & CHING of your ways. Do not be swayed by those who enjoy poking a sharp stick in their eye.

If anything is changed, please add an option in the configuration program to toggle an option;

YES: I trust Dale to guide me in the way of POS happiness! :D
(Please turn off stupid reports that have the potential to lead me to jail and also turn off auto-fill of tendered amount that leads to EOD reports that don't balance with my merchant accounts)
OR
NO: I enjoy a sharp stick in the eye every now & then. I don't need Dale's help. I know what's good for me and I want it my way. :twisted:
(turn on profit reports; I'd love 20yrs at Club Fed. And also give my employees and I plenty of opportunities to screw up the till, only to realize this at the end of the day.)

Of course the default setting is: YES

[bruce hears the sound of sticks being sharpen...]
Gotta go and vote again...
Later,
Bruce