Security Problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ToPS
Security Problem

Post by ToPS » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Dale,

I am still using version 6.39n1 on a 3 - PC Win98 network system until I am sure that all teething problems with 6.40 has been resolved(see note).

As I have had some problems in the past with dishonest staff, I have set, amongst other, Master and Stock Table passwords.

In Posconfig/Register Name and Passwords a note at the stock table password mentions that the master password is required to change "pieces sold", "amount sold" and "inventory" in stock table.

This is then indeed so, as long as the enter or arrow keys are used to move between columns.

As soon as the tab key is used to "jump" columns, it seems to disable the security feature and all columns can be accessed and any data can be changed.

It will be appreciated if you can look into this matter.

Regards

ToPS

Note:- We are in the process of re-vamping the store and we plan to upgrade to 6.40 when we make the BIG MOVE.