Alternative pole display command set

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

kavvie
Alternative pole display command set

Post by kavvie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:07 am

Hi all,

Firstly i would like to commend all of you guys who contribute in making this sofware a success... :)

Having said that, i am facing a problem as i am unable to obtain a "logic control" pole display but really really really want my transactions to be shown to my customers.

My VFD : TASSO (VFD-450), 9600,N,8,1
Spec : 2 rows of 20 digits each

The problem with my pole display, using the dhpos + pole.exe is that it will not display starting from the correct position which is position 1 (top row, farthest left). It will instead start around position 30 (bottom row, middle) and print the welcome statement.

Once the POS is loaded, all the fonts will be shown correctly except that they are placed all over in the display. I suspect that due to the difference in the command set, the display is unable to CR or reset its cursor position causing it to print consecutive displays one after another based on the previous' last cursor position.

I looked at my command set and noticed the following :

Logic Control / VFD-450
------------------- --------------
CR: 0Ch / CR: 0Dh
RST: 1Fh / CLR: 0Ch (I dont see a reset for this cmd set)
DL ?
DIM ? ---- are these used in pole, its connect to diff stuff on my cmd set
MS ? ----- i could probably find a matching code if i know what the abb
BS ? ------ in logic control cmd set means

Is there anyone out there willing to help me edit the pole.exe to make this work. I am more than willing to be a tester for this. Thanks....Please help if u can.

Regards
Bobby