Citizen IDP3110 Serial Printer

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Modulator
Occasional Poster
Citizen IDP3110 Serial Printer

Post by Modulator » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:56 am

Hey! Nice piece of software.. I am not a real shopkeeper or anything like that but just playing with this and dreaming about own shop :)
Just asking is that printer suitable for the DHPOS? Our local Radioshack clone Bebek is selling that printer for just 20 euros. I was wondering that if the printing width is just too small for DHPOS. Correct me if im wrong. Would be cool to have at least a receipt printer at home to play around :) :roll:

Here is a link to Bebek (it's finnish but you will understand some elements of the text): http://www.bebek.fi/kauppa/lisatiedot.p ... te_id=7543

So excited about DHPOS.. just playing with it :)

Alan
POS Guru

Perhaps not...

Post by Alan » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 am

I don't read Finnish, but I saw a lot of information about serial ports, so I would imagine that you would need to use Aprint for this machine.

Alan

Modulator
Occasional Poster

Post by Modulator » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:12 am

Im aware of the need of aprint but can some one say about the width? What does mean 40col? (col = columns???)

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:23 am

40 col = 40 columns (40 characters across the paper) which is usually a standard. DHPOS supports 40 or 80 columns, this is set as an option in POSCONFG.

See the following section of the user manual: http://http://keyhut.com/postip4.htm
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:07 am

Serial printers are a REALLY BAD IDEA to try to use with DHPOS. But on the other hand trying to get it to work will provide you with something to do for the rest of your life.

Dale

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:14 am

:)

From the port data given, there is no obvious reason why this model won't work - but it wouldn't be of much use for serious POS work if it doesn't have a cash drawer port.

By the way, I use serial printers all the time - Epson, CBM, Star but obviously never this one - and find them no different to the parallel models. They are only a bad idea if you don't know what you're doing ;)

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:05 pm

Rollerball,

So post your email address and phone number so the folks that do not know what they are doing with serial printers can contact you instead of filling up my email and answering machine with their desparate pleas for help.

Dale

Modulator
Occasional Poster

Post by Modulator » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:39 am

But there are two options to work with this printer: 1. Aprint which prints through Windows drivers, or direct access with some tweaking (patches and so on) with XP. Shame that our local store had ran out of these printers, so i have to pay a lot more money to get one (post fees). :oops: :cry:
That printer is lot more cheaper than those high-tech Epsons and Stars, so i am going to hunt it ;)

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:57 pm

daleadmin wrote:Rollerball,

So post your email address and phone number so the folks that do not know what they are doing with serial printers can contact you instead of filling up my email and answering machine with their desparate pleas for help.

Dale
:D

he he..... I'm not totally daft