garage sale + pos

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

PWEB
Occasional Poster
garage sale + pos

Post by PWEB » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:36 pm

Im having a multi person garage sale saturday....Is there any easy way DHPOS can help us keep track of who's owed what?

thanks
--
Mike

Nick
Forum Regular

Works perfictly

Post by Nick » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:26 am

First off I hope this makes sence and is realitivly spelled correctly as I'm half asleep. But I've done it a million times, just give each person a stock number in the table and use it when you ring people up. At the end of the day just print a total by stock number report and you know who owned what. If you want to go down to the item level just use the catagorys for each person involved and give each person a series of stock numbers under the said catagory and print a sales by catagory at the end of the day to find out who gets what. One thing is for shure, you will never want to add up little pieces of masking tape or collums in a notebook again, after haveing pos do it in seconds, not to mention knowing almost imeadiatly knowing what sold and didnt sell. Hope this helps
-Nick

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:21 am

Yep, as Nick said - if you're going to enter every item into the stock table you can create each person as a vendor or category and associate them with their items in the stock table.

Ensure you try this out before your garage sale and check the reports (vendor or category) print correctly and provide the end-of-day info you need!
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:47 am

PWEB,

Nick and Andrew are correct. For even more details and options look in the FAQ pile here http://keyhut.com/faq.htm#mall

Dale

PWEB
Occasional Poster

Post by PWEB » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:51 am

thanks - I liked nicks answer the best but we just kept our things separate =D
--
Mike