Gift cards

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

stuckperson
Forum Regular
Gift cards

Post by stuckperson » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:10 am

How do you add value to existing gift cards?
I've tried turning it on in the config program but it still won't let me, once I put a sale through with a card, thats it, I can't seem to add any money to the card.

Cheers.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:36 am

stuckperson,

I am assuming that when you set up the gift card feature, in the first gift card setup screen, that you set "Allow money to be added to an existing gift card." to "YES"

Now to add money to a gift card, from the main POS.EXE menu you go into a "1. Purchase" and then press [F10] to sell a gift card. Now enter the gift card ID of an existing gift card and the program will warn you that the card already exists and asks you if you want to add to it. Press 1 for "YES", then enter the amount you want to add to the card and then finish the sale.

Dale

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:50 pm

:D

Seems straightforward enough

stuckperson
Forum Regular

Post by stuckperson » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:46 pm

Oh I see!
I was trying to do it when using a gift voucher to buy something!
Quite stupid of me really!

Thanks a lot.