List of program files in DHPOS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular
List of program files in DHPOS

Post by ProDeZigner » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:08 pm

Hey, I know this would probably be easier for myself to do, but can I get a listing of all the PROGRAMS within the .zip file with what they actually are... excluding programs that are automatic. I want to create a .bat menu for DHPOS and offer it for download... I guess what I'm asking is... what EXEs shouldn't be ran by themselves?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:48 pm

ProDeZigner,

Ok, here you go...

APRINT3.EXE Sends the print stream through the Windows printer driver. Needed for USB printers in particular and sometimes needed for other types of printers. If used, this program must be started before any other program file and must be left running.

BIGPOLE.EXE Displays pole display output on a monitor. If used, this program must be started before the POS.EXE program file and must be left running.

CDK.EXE Daughter process that pops open serial cash drawers.

CF2.EXE Daughter process to the POSCONFG.EXE program.

CONVERT.EXE Converts the .TBL and .REC files from earlier version formats. While not strictly a daughter process it should only be started when one of the other programs detects an earlier version format in a file.

FILEINFO.EXE Daughter process to the POS.EXE file that does Reports.

GIFTCARD.EXE Daughter process to the POS.EXE program that sells gift cards.

LOOKUP.EXE On networks will allow customers to look up product information.

POLE.EXE Sends data to a pole display on Windows computers. If used, this program must be started before the POS.EXE program file and must be left running.

POS.EXE The actual cash register program.

POSCONFG.EXE Configures the cash register.

PURCHASE.EXE Prints purchase orders from data in the stock table.

RECEIVE.EXE Receives merchandise into your store and adds it to the stock table. NOTE: when the INVENTOR.DAT program is run it will actually launch the RECEIVE.EXE program but it will be converted into the INVENTORY program.

REMOTE.EXE On a network this program can monitor and display the pole display output from up to 6 registers on the screen for security purposes.

SALEDATA.EXE This program was provided by someone else and it has something to do with cash office operations. I have never looked at it.

SONDSCAN.EXE Sends sales data to the Nielsen SoundScan reporting service.

STOCKS.EXE Daughter process to the POS.EXE and POSCONFG.EXE program that allows the user to enter data into the stock table.

TIMER.EXE Daughter process to the POS.EXE program for using the timers.

NOTE: A "daughter process" is a program file that must be launched by another program. It cannot be run directly.

Dale

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular

Post by ProDeZigner » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:56 pm

TY Dale, hopefully I'll have my menu running on my laptop. I'm currently a 'traveling vendor'. LOL.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:01 pm

ProDeZigner,

A "traveling vendor" of DHPOS? How is that working out?

Or are you a "traveling vendor" of something else and using DHPOS as your register? How is that working out?

Got any stories?

Dale

ProDeZigner
Forum Regular

Post by ProDeZigner » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:05 pm

I'm mainly in the hobby portion of sales. Mainly trading card games and accessories and the like. I use my laptop to run DHPOS, and I packup my Brother laser printer for receipts and the like if needed. I use a hand-made coin count sheet to open my 'lockbox' (I have one with spaces for cash, coin, checks, etc.) and then set that as my opening amount, and then when transactions are made, it shows me how much I've made at the end of day. It works real well.

I did notice a problem though... on first open (from scratch) it plugs in crazy numbers EVERYWHERE on the opening and closing reports.

I'm not using a stock table, so that may be my problem...

psung
Occasional Poster

Post by psung » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:47 pm

Do I need to run Convert if I upgrade from 6.39 to 6.4x? or they both use the same file format?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:57 pm

psung,

You will not need to run the CONVERT program.