History By Category - Reporting problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

videotek
Forum Regular
History By Category - Reporting problem

Post by videotek » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:14 pm

Let say I want the report of last two months sale history by category. I choose K. history by Category -> how many months of history(1 is current month)?, which I type "2" .
The problem is the result of shows " 2 month history from 01-Sep-2007 to Now", which is no the past two months at all.

I don't know what I had done wrong, i already enable to keep track of inventory in the stock table. I would appreciate any help, clues .

the version of pos is 640

thanks in advance

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:44 pm

Can I assume that the date on your computer's clock is correct?

The next thing is are you getting the data from August 1st to now meaning that only time stamp is is incorrect, or are both the data and the time stamp incorrect.

To find out you can go to the "Sale history - Z Reading" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and press [F4] to view the raw data in the "history" file and then compare it to the actual "Report" Does the raw data display sales of an item in both August and September but the "Report" only shows the sales for that item in September?
Dale

videotek
Forum Regular

Post by videotek » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:32 am

Hello Dale,

really appreciate your quick response to my question.

After carefully checking, i found:
1. computer's clock is correct and current.

2. both the data and the time stamp incorrect.
Data: doesn't matter how many months I choose(i had tried 3 as well), data only show from 01 September 2007 to TODAY date(21 sep 2007).

Time stamp: "Sales History 01-Sep-2007 to 09-21-2007."
this time stamp bit odd: I chose date format is 21 Sep 2007, which is australia format (09-21-2007|21-09-2007|Sep 21, 2007|21 Sep 2007). but in the report shows two different format: 01-Sep-2007 and 09-21-2007.

I must did something wrong in date setting, but I couldn't find out. should i using "09-21-2007" format? ( by the way it is 21 sep in Australia, and still 20 in US).

thank you for your time

videotek
Forum Regular

Post by videotek » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:36 am

"To find out you can go to the "Sale history - Z Reading" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and press [F4] to view the raw data in the "history" file and then compare it to the actual "Report" Does the raw data display sales of an item in both August and September but the "Report" only shows the sales for that item in September?"

Also I had check this function F4 in Z Reading:
All the raw data are there start from July, August, September.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:38 pm

I think I have this fixed.

Make a backup of your current FILEINFO.EXE program file and then download http://www.dhpos.com/fileinfo.exe to your POS folder.

It is assumed that you currently have version 6.40 or 6.40a
Dale

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:07 pm

videotek,

Did you try this out? Is is working for you?
Dale

videotek
Forum Regular

Post by videotek » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:38 am

Hello Dale,

Thanks very much for the updated file.

I had downloaded and tried on my testing station, which only has September data.
Result : date format is correct now. when I press "1" will show the sale history data from 1 sep to now.
bit puzzle when I press "2" show no sale data at all (we already know there is sale data on Sep at least).

Because of weekend, i can't test production station in the shop.
Tomorrow(Monday) when shop opens, I will replace the file and check the result and report back to you.

Fingers crossed.

Thank you again very much.
VideoTek

videotek
Forum Regular

Post by videotek » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Many thanks, Dale,

It works for us. Now we can define sale histories from Aug to Now, or July to Now etc.

Still one minor issue, we can't just choose to print 1 or 2 month (e.g. Aug 1 - Aug 31) only, it always prints from month chose to current date.

Dale, if you can help to improve this features we would be very much appreciated.

Every month my boss just needs tax(GST in Australia) report and Sales Categories(All items) report, this why so important for us able to go back to print any month of sales data in the history.

Thanks again for your help.
VideoTek