question about pole display

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

zzzxtreme
Occasional Poster
question about pole display

Post by zzzxtreme » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:24 pm

hi im planning to get logiccontrol pd3000 display from ebay
however most are from US, hence the 110volt transformer. my country uses 220/240v.

it says in the manual the input is 6Volt 1000mA. I guess i can get another universal AC Adapter to work with it. but i worry about the pd3000's power input jack. usually for products that I cannot get compatible male/female jack, I just cut the wire and connect it. one negative , one positive. is it the same for pd3000 ?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:02 pm

I have no idea. But why spend the extra money for a regular pole display and hope it works when the Pertelian display costs 1/4 as much, will positively work, displays twice as many lines, and is powered off the USB connecter?

Although it does require Windows '98 or later.

Dale

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:44 pm

The Pertelian display is a great solution as a pole display.
I have one in each of my stores. These things work great!!
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759