Default to Tax Exempt

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ZakB
Default to Tax Exempt

Post by ZakB » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:49 pm

I have read through the documentation and searched the forums to see if there is a way to default to tax exempt on sales where the customer account has a tax id number on file. Since I have not found anything on the topic I am assuming that there isn't a way to do this, so would it be something that may be added in a future release? I can see that a automatic default may cause some people more problems than benefits, so a prompt reminding the cashier to check the tax status for those customers may be a better solution.

About 1/3 of my customers are tax exempt and I am always correcting sales at the end of day because the cashiers ring up sales without thinking about the tax status of our customers.

Thank you.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:44 pm

ZacB,

I have changed the program so that if you look up a customer and that customer has something entered into the "No tax" section of the customer info, then when you press [+] to end the sale the program will automatically go to the window where you can make the sale non-taxable.

This file will replace only the POS.EXE file in your POS folder so make sure you backup your current POS.EXE file first. This file is version 6.40d1.

To use this file you must currently be using version 6.40d of the program.

<center> http://www.dhpos.com/pos.exe </center>

ZakB

Post by ZakB » Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:37 pm

Dale,

Thank you very much, this is working perfectly.

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:58 pm

I love it. Very nice feature. Thanks Dale!
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:43 pm

Thanks, I aim to please.