Cash Fund Setup

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Mintaka
Cash Fund Setup

Post by Mintaka » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:17 pm

I am working on setting up the POS, latest version, for use in my library. I did all my customization for the enhanced features, which worked brilliantly. However, when I select the register file, a message prompting me to enter the opening cash fund appeared. I put in the amount, but it would not accept it and open the till. I tried pressing a number of keys (Enter, Esc, Tab, F1, etc.) but nothing worked. Then it appeared to lock up, not letting me change the amount for the cash fund. The computer the program is on is a Dell Optiplex GX520 running Windows XP Professional Version 2002 service pack 2. When I created a register in minmal mode it worked just fine. But once I customized it the same problem sprung up.

If anyone knows how I can get beyond this screen and get into the program?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Cash Fund Setup

Post by daleadmin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Mintaka,

There are two things I would loke you to try. First go to the "Printer setup" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program and turn off printing. Then in the same program go to the "Pole display" feature and make sure that where it says "[F1] =" that it is set to "POLE.EXE" and not "DIRECT ACCESS"

Now go back to the POS.EXE program and see if it will start up properly. If it does then turn printing back on and try starting POS.EXE once more. If the problem is back then it is being caused by your printer settings.

Post here again with your results and if it is the printer settings then we can talk about them.

Just tell me that YOU DON'T HAVE A SERIAL PRINTER

Dale