How to import list of known customers?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

nnagreg
How to import list of known customers?

Post by nnagreg » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:57 pm

Hello Dale & Group,

I did search the board and was unable to locate how to do this... Therefore if it exists, my research efforts failed me. :-)

I would like to use multiple systems with customer information, I ultimately would like keep the systems in sync. Either by sweeping customer information out of another system and importing into DHPOS or export the customer list into file. I would like to do this several times a day as new customers are populated in another system first... How do I keep dhpos in sync. I have a great person who is a master at importing/exporting files between systems, but first we need to understand the format.

In Summary....
How to import or export existing customers from DHPOS?
Can I address this individually or as a whole list of new customers?

Thank you,
Greg

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: How to import list of known customers?

Post by daleadmin » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:03 pm

You cannot export / import customer data to the customer database. You can only enter customers from a sale. You can export customer data from the database but there is no way to bulk import data.

The only option I can think of it to maintain one master customer database on one computer and then copy the entire file to the other computers. Of course this will not be necessary to do if the computers are networked together because then they would automatically share the customer database.

Dale