Printing problems

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Tara
Printing problems

Post by Tara » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:23 pm

I thought I had everything hooked up properly but still cannot print to my receipt printer. in cofig I cose yes to print receipts through port lpt1, i open my pos program and it locks up after hitting enter on the screen where i type in my cash amount that i have in the drawer. any thoughts on how to make the printer work?

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Printing

Post by Dale Harris » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:36 pm

Tara,

If your computer is running under Windows do you have the printer drivers loaded for your printer? If you are using a receipt printer and do not have drivers for it you can use the "Generic (Text only)" driver that you will find in the file of drivers that Windows keeps. Be sure that whatever driver you load for your printer that you make them the "default."

If that still does not help you may have to use the APRINT program that is described here http://keyhut.com/postip4.htm#aprint
Dale

GAWG
Forum Regular

Post by GAWG » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:47 pm

also, did you do anything with a printer ready code?

You can also try printing from windows on it and see
The printer should also make some noise when you turn it on (for quite a few models) and make sure there is at least an indication it has some juice to it