My opinion on Pole Displays and Credit Terminals

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

DJLiljengren
Occasional Poster
My opinion on Pole Displays and Credit Terminals

Post by DJLiljengren » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:41 pm

I hate to bring up Walmart, but I have a somewhat nice point going here. When no one is logged onto the register, the PD simply says:

WELCOME TO YOUR
1218 WAL*MART

Where 1218 is being the local store #. I think we should drop the

ITEM NAME 2x0.00

approach, and move to something more simple, like

SIMPLE ITEM NAME

whenever something is rung up. The "Added Tax of Whole Sale Price" rather than Tax-per-item, we can get a sub-total without tax, then a Grand Total with tax.

SUBTOTAL 000.00
5.00% TAX 0.00

GRAND TOTAL

Then when we tender, simply

CASH TENDER

then if we used credit or debit, using a separate validation service, (like the verifone terminals with keypad and receipt printer) we simply choose the option (lets start with debit), Dale puts in code that would bring up a box, or say on the bottom (we are talking about the cashiers screen), [Press F12 when validated].

Some of the credit and debit terminals i have seen, have the cashier enter the amount to be charged into the terminal, and then the customer enters their PIN, and then the receipt prints.

When everything has been validated,

HAVE A NICE DAY

Or something like that gets sent to the Pole Display.

When the Debit card is being validated, (before we press F12 to end the sale), the PD would say

AUTHORIZING.....

or

VALIDATING.....

In real-time, it would be somewhat efficent. If we were to use credit, we would use the same basic idea, except instead of obtaining a pin, we have them sign the receipt, then they are on their way.

Tell me what you think.