PDA Stock Control/Labelling Software

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Would you use this?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 10

vxlancin
Forum Regular
PDA Stock Control/Labelling Software

Post by vxlancin » Mon May 26, 2008 10:36 am

Hello
I would be interested to see if anyone would like a program that you could use on hand-held terminals or pda's with barcode scanners.

On the hht, stock can be managed, shelf labels could be printed and have barcodes on for easy re-ordering (eg. shelf empty of stock, scan label , put onto reorder list.

The information could then be transferred to a pc by means of a dos program and a link between your pc and hht. There could be possible link to dhpos.

Let me know what you think and what features it should include (try not to be too adventurous at this stage)

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Re: PDA Stock Control/Labelling Software

Post by peewee3ie » Mon May 26, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi

I would be interested in the program as I have 2 pda with barcode scanner on them.

I will have to dig them out as they are in a box in my workshop at home.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

bob5731
Forum Regular

Post by bob5731 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:14 pm

Hi
I would be interested in the program as I have 1 palm
P.S. God Loves You And Have A Good Day!!!
http://god5731.myftp.org/

brucef2112
Forum Regular

Post by brucef2112 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:21 pm

I've combo the palm barcode scanner and excel to do alot of data collection followed by printing barcodes and other cool stuff dealing with inventory. However I am still holding my breath for the DHPOS Receiving program to be able to import external data files.

Any way, check my response to this post for the humble start of portable palm scanner being used with DHPOS data.
Portable Scanner For Stock Data Input
Later,
Bruce

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin - Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:06 pm

brucef2112 wrote:I've combo the palm barcode scanner and excel to do alot of data collection followed by printing barcodes and other cool stuff dealing with inventory. However I am still holding my breath for the DHPOS Receiving program to be able to import external data files.

Any way, check my response to this post for the humble start of portable palm scanner being used with DHPOS data.
Portable Scanner For Stock Data Input
you can import new files usually .csv files

i made a thing the once to make shelf price lables that was in excel (item desc price and offer was the 3 things listed but could of added 4)

the only advance to having moble pda barcode scanner is to run the pos software on the thing wireless link it so you can scan in deliveries direct. dont forget that dhpos will print a list of stock you need to order (thats if you can be bothered to fill out the inventory list properly!)

also if brave you can try using a serial recipt printer from the pda ~(or wireless network print adapter to a receipt printer) that way you can use it as a mbile till so you scann the stuff you need then you go to till draw and total it up and cash it in.. thats my ideas anyway
so to that question i will say no as for the reason i put in this post
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)