Gift card problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

pdoucet
Gift card problem

Post by pdoucet » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:00 pm

I am runing 6.40i on a computer running XP pro. The problem is this... I have set up accounts for residents in an over 50 home where we have a restaurant, this way people do not have to carry money with them. They or their family can deposit to their account (gift card) and they can charge to it. All works well until a couple of days ago when someone wanted to give some money from their account to another existing account. I sold a gift card to to account B and paid for it from account A. The program showed the proper balance remaining in account A. I checked reports "Q" and account B had been credited the proper amount of money when I checked account B the balance before the transfer was there. On the closing report it appears that cash was used to credit account B. Has anyone else tried or experenced this? Dale I tried this on another computer and got the same results. For now I will just tell my employees not to do this but someone could get burned if they are using gift cards for accounts the way I am. A work around would be to cash out from one account then pay the other one with the cash.

Thanks for any help.
Pierre

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Re: Gift card problem

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:17 pm

I have also noticed this problem. The transaction amount is not deducted from the gift card used to pay for adding to another card.
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Post by Robert_Nel » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:06 am

Hi ,
This nothing to do with the problem mentioned here , but gift card related . When doing a gift card reprint via "voids' function , the reprint would only indicate a gift card sold , not the "code" ie Jonny123 { gift card number} . Would there in the future be a reprint function indicating the code be available? .
Robert Nel
South Africa
Using DHPOS since v3.46
Robert R Nel

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:29 pm

I fixed the problem with the program not subtracting the amount from one giftcard when you use it to credit another gift card.

It also credits the sale to "gift card" not "cash"

Here is the fix http://www.dhpos.com/giftcard.exe

Dale