What Happened to BrowserPOS

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

peachey13
Forum Regular
What Happened to BrowserPOS

Post by peachey13 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:56 pm

what was BrowserPOS and what was it used for.I read somthing about it in a old pos e-mail(news team)

Can be found at http://return.no-ip.org/dalehnews/index.htm
*if password window comes up click cancle

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:51 am

BrowserPOS was just an online demo of the POS system. It could be accessed via a web interface with TightVNC and allowed people to play with POS without installing anything.

The server had a rebuild and it was gone, it may come back but if you want to try POS all you need to do is download it, try it and delete it if you want (although I don't know why you would delete it).

Side Note: I found no reference to the browserPOS in the news database, unless it appeared in a much earlier edition of the paper. This question has also been asked before, please check the forum archive, knowledgebase and search the forum to see if you question has already been answered in future ;)
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)