Is this software compatible with Gas Station/Convinient Stor

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

maxout
Is this software compatible with Gas Station/Convinient Stor

Post by maxout » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:11 am

i am gas station / convinient store owner and i have Varifone Rube System which looks something like this

i have printer and all the other things exept the scanner.. and i have so many items that its hard for employee to remember all the price and would like to add some POS systems so i can install scanner and use the items to scan and inventory control..

so i was thinking if i can have this DHES software installed in regular pc and can use all the features + need to add scanner

has anyone ever used this anywhere..

also how is this going to show me the PUMP FULEING out side.. and carwash...

Please Help.

Thank you.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Is this software compatible with Gas Station/Convinient Stor

Post by daleadmin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:19 am

Maxout,

Probably not.

There is no way to interface the pumps and the car wash to the software. Also there is a 2 decimal limit on prices so you would not be able to price your gas at 4.299 per gallon. (Although no one has ever come up with an explaination why gas is the only product in the U.S. that needs to be priced .1 less than a penny. Has anyone ever had a gas price with 3 decimal places that ended with something other than a 9, like 4.257? What is the point of .009?) Let's see, 4.299 x 20 gallons is 85.98 but 4.30 x 20 gallons is 86.00. Is someone really going to drive a block extra to save 2¢ on an 86.00 sale?

But on the other hand you would be able to sell everything but gas using my software. (Unless you went completely insane and raised your price by .001, then you could ring up gas also.) It would keep track of your inventory and you would be able to use a scanner.

Dale

maxout

Post by maxout » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:13 pm

.999 is a marketing trick there

3.999 is almost 4 but not 4 so the last 9 people don't know about..

3.989 is 90 but not 90 lolz.. its all tricks..

yah and about your wonderful software i thought it would not work ... anyway thanks.. i will try to buy Liqure Store and than use ur software..

it would be nice if this software is in Visual Basic.. but i don't want to ask for more when its free..

there might be some way to convert may be.. i see lot of maxican, chiniez and other grocery stores using their own VB based POS..

anyway Thanks for SO FASST reply.. i will keep the site and software in my bookmark.

Great Share to world Thank you.

EST
Forum Regular

Post by EST » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:31 pm

maxout wrote:.999 is a marketing trick there

3.999 is almost 4 but not 4 so the last 9 people don't know about..

3.989 is 90 but not 90 lolz.. its all tricks..

yah and about your wonderful software i thought it would not work ... anyway thanks.. i will try to buy Liqure Store and than use ur software..

it would be nice if this software is in Visual Basic.. but i don't want to ask for more when its free..

there might be some way to convert may be.. i see lot of maxican, chiniez and other grocery stores using their own VB based POS..

anyway Thanks for SO FASST reply.. i will keep the site and software in my bookmark.

Great Share to world Thank you.
I do think that this would work with the gas prices however... Isn't the gas pumps connected to an internal computer (separate from the POS) where it can be turned on and off and show the price... if you have "allow price change on" just select REGULAR, PLUS, ULTRA, or DISEAL (if you sell it) and change the 0.00 to the pump price. This will get a little tricky but I think that you might want to do it... otherwise you have to pay top-dollar for other POS software!!!

SIDE NOTE:
:idea: Just round $65.566 to $65.57... :idea: