Custom name for gift cards?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Dukane
Forum Regular
Custom name for gift cards?

Post by Dukane » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Is it possible to create a custom name for a "gift card" other than "gift card"? For instance I run a camp store for a summer camp and some of the kids have gift cards, but we call them "Canteen Cards". They are the only card we accept in the store. And we use the gift card feature for tracking balances on the kids accounts. It'd be nice to customize the name so instead it woulds day "Canteen Card" wherever it says "gift card" (ie "canteen card tendered", "pay using canteen card", "canteen card balance")

Bobby
Forum Regular

Re: Custom name for gift cards?

Post by Bobby » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:13 pm

As far as I know, you can change the name to print on the receipt to say "Canteen Card Tendered" and if you use the receipt to print a gift card, you can get the title to say "Canteen Card". For the actual register program, I believe that it is only programmed to say gift card. Dale may be able to program a special request.
Hope that helps.

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:26 am

I spoke to Dale in the chat the other night and he told me it would be too difficult and space-consuming to add in the code for custom gift card titles.

But I do like your suggestion of the receipt language. I will try that.

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:27 pm

I believe that when you are in the printable Gift Card design mode, you can edit the top line where it says Gift Card to what you want, which is reflected throughout the program, except the receipt language, which you need to edit separately.
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Thanks Chris. Combined with the receipt language suggestion, it's working just as I would like.