Customer Accounts Feature

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Jam
Occasional Poster
Customer Accounts Feature

Post by Jam » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi Dale,

I know there was talk some time back regarding a Customer Accounts feature. This would be handy for example charging to an account at a hotel and then having the guest settle the account at the end of their stay?
I was wondering if this project is still ongoing and if so when you expect to 'release' it.

Thanks,
Jam :)

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Re: Customer Accounts Feature

Post by peewee3ie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi Jam,

Well that will be some time yet we are all wating on this fearure to be done as far as I know Dale is doing some work on it. mabe we could get Dale to do it after he does the ticket thing. we will have to wait for his anwser.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:12 pm

Dale is still trying to find time to finish the theater thing.

After that I may look into X-Charge because they just made it much easier.

Then customer accounts.

EST
Forum Regular

Post by EST » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:26 am

daleadmin wrote:Dale is still trying to find time to finish the theater thing.

After that I may look into X-Charge because they just made it much easier.

Then customer accounts.
Take your time. The theater feature and X-charge, I think, will be a big add-on to your program! The customer accounts can wait, for now.

brandonbell

Post by brandonbell » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:10 pm

I'm curious with the Customer Accounts feature, if there is anyway to pull the entire contents of a sale (made by a customer, including the total) in the features. The reason I ask, is because we like to be able to poll the sale during a return, just to verify that it was a legitimate transaction/to refund only specific transacted items. I understand that you can see the total and values of the sale, but is this polling the invoice a current feature? Or is this something that will be/could be added shortly?

Additionally, since we're a service provider providing Satellite services to our customers. Is their current features that would allow us to add notes to the customer to notate what services or preferences a client has, so when the customers calls in (or in the case of a restaurant walk-in?) Just curious. Love the program, excellent work. Highly recommended.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:39 pm

brandonbell,

You can use the "5. Voids" feature to look up a transaction that is still in the file but the only way to find a transaction is by transaction number. This means that you can find and display transaction #2856 but if you want to find a purchase made by "George Bush" you would have to page through the transactions one at a time until you found it. Another option is to use the "Journal" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program to pull up a particular day's journal and use the search feature to find the customer's name. However you would have to know on what day the purchase was made.

There is no way to add notes, sorry.

Dale