Receipt Bardcodes

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

EST
Forum Regular
Receipt Bardcodes

Post by EST » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:39 am

Is there a way to print a barcode on receipts, so when a person comes in for a price change or exchange, we could just scan the barcode on the receipt, the original transaction would poll up, and we could do a price override or exchange or refund. I know that department stores do that, and that's how they do it. It seems much easier to do it that way, than to punch it threw "exchange" mode.

Andrew
Site Administrator

Re: Receipt Bardcodes

Post by Andrew » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:10 pm

Because DHPOS is DOS software it cannot print graphics (i.e. barcodes) without a lot of work, and then there are a lot of printers which would handle this differently.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

EST
Forum Regular

Post by EST » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Yah your right, could there be a way to give every receipt a number, instead of a barcode? Same idea.

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:16 pm

EST wrote:Yah your right, could there be a way to give every receipt a number, instead of a barcode? Same idea.

They all raedy have a number a transaction number it is the same thing. I have fixed a pos system nerby me and the system prints the barcode at the bottom which is the same as the sale transaction number.

The transaction number is on the receipt, left side just above the item it has 'TRANS" above it. so why do we need it printed again for when you could use it.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:02 pm

While you can use the "5. Void" menu option to locate a past sale by the transaction number you cannot then use that to do a return.

Dale

EST
Forum Regular

Post by EST » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:36 am

daleadmin wrote:While you can use the "5. Void" menu option to locate a past sale by the transaction number you cannot then use that to do a return.

Dale
Is there a way to make it so you can use the previous transactions for refund, exchange, price override, or what not.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:46 pm

Probably but it is not real high on my priority list. I will stick the idea in to the "think about it" pile with an estimated time of completion somewhere between eventually and maybe.

But you never know what will bubble to the top of the pile next, maybe that.

Dale

EST
Forum Regular

Post by EST » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:46 pm

daleadmin wrote:Probably but it is not real high on my priority list. I will stick the idea in to the "think about it" pile with an estimated time of completion somewhere between eventually and maybe.

But you never know what will bubble to the top of the pile next, maybe that.

Dale
Thank you very much! Have a great rest of your summer! - Elliot Thomas