Bug Perhaps? POS 670

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular
Bug Perhaps? POS 670

Post by Robert_Nel » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Dale ,
I 'm not sure if this is a bug.

1) ring up item cost of 9.00
2) apply f9, no3 coupon / unit reduction of 9.00 .
3) pay by gift card , at this point before inputing gift card number , press "esc" , till draw opens and sale goes through .
The sale appears on journal .
hope I,m not creating unnecessary work here .

Thanks
great program
Robert Nel .
Robert R Nel

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Bug Perhaps? POS 670

Post by daleadmin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:26 pm

Robert,

Ringing up a 9.00 item with a 9.00 reduction is a sale with an amout of 0.00. This "problem" also occures when you ring up an item with a price of 0.00, or any sale with a total amout of 0.00.

Why would you use a gift card to pay a zero amout sale? Nothing will be removed from the gift card when the sale is completed. No matter how the sale is "paid" for no money will change hands, none of the totals will be changed on the closing receipt except for a transaction count. The only other result will be that the item is removed from inventory, which it should.

I do not see this as a serious problem or one that will come up very often.

Dale

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Post by Robert_Nel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:55 am

Hi Dale ,
Thanks for the quick reply . My concern was that the bar staff may be using this to "over charge customers" and pocket the cost of the item . However I will just go through the sales for the day's shift using the "voids" option if any discounts appear on the closing sales reports.
Thanks again
Robert Nel
Robert R Nel

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:00 pm

But surely hitting Esc should stop everything and return you to the sales screen with no transaction going through at all.

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Post by Robert_Nel » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:04 am

Hi Dale ,
Sorry to persist , here is another scenario,

1) ring up item cost of 9.00
2) apply f9, no3 coupon / unit reduction of 18.00 .
3) pay by gift card , at this point before inputing gift card number , press "esc" , till draw opens and sale goes through .
4) Change of 9.00 .
5) Stock and money balances.
6) Is this not a flaw in the system ?.

Great program
Robert Nel
Robert R Nel

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:42 pm

actually thats a good point,,
you shouldnt be able to over tender with a coupon. its up to the punter to make it up to the value or suffer...

anyway do you need reductions and coupons in a bar?
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:46 pm

I'm with Ian, it seems like the big problem is being able to have a unit reduction larger than the sale. But who am I to have an opinion, I am sure that some users out there want it that way.

However I do have a new test version up on the site for download and amoung other things I have changed the program so if you hit [ESC] from entering a gift card number it will return you to the sale and not complete the sale.

Here is the link so that you can test it and report back http://www.dhpos.com/pos700b1.zip

Dale

IAN
Forum Regular

Post by IAN » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:44 pm

at least now if they type in 18.00 for coupon you will have a log of it and have to be looking for it at the end of their shift so the total was 8.00 and they missing the 18.00 coupon the till is basically 18.00 what ever currency you use as the product and the monies are missing along with the coupon
IAN

(Everything i say is a lie! so am i telling you the truth?)

Robert_Nel
Forum Regular

Post by Robert_Nel » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:04 am

Thanks for the fix , seems to work well . I use gift cards for lucky draws and an accounting system for preferred customers who pay by the month end. Reductions for moving full bottles out of stock and into a tot measure system to be sold by the tot unit and also when I "buy' customers drinks.
Thanks for the great program
Robert
Robert R Nel