POS version 7.0c rel. 10-14-08. 3 decimal prices/mall file

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
POS version 7.0c rel. 10-14-08. 3 decimal prices/mall file

Post by daleadmin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:49 pm

You can now have 3 decimal pricing on selected items, i.e. 3.579 for gasoline.

The program will transmit a sales file to your mall when you close the register for the day. http://keyhut.com/postip3.htm#mall

The manual has a detailed new section on setting up the program for use in a restaurant. http://www.dhpos.com/postip8a.htm#rest

Download from http://www.dhpos.com/pos3.htm

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Re: POS version 7.0c released 10-14-08. 3 digit prices/mall file

Post by peewee3ie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:26 am

Hi Dale,

I hope some people come looking for a format that they need and you make some money from it as so far you have given us a great program. I may be calling on your services for a layout of my own. as I got the order (from the boss) to replace the till in the shop with a epos one. so I have your POS set up full time now. I will be sending you a updated pic soon. The only thing I need to do is to set up a way to send him the days sales on close out but the file has to have date in it ie tcs151008.txt or tcs15oct08.txt. If you know that the software does this or if you could do it with this mall thing.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:25 am

Tony,

The mall thing would have to do it.

Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 am

Hi Dale,

Here is what I need I need the daly sales with the days date with SA.txt ie 141008SA.txt and if it is posable to do the stock file that is a text file with instand of SA put ST. I am willing to give you $45 each of the above.

also if these were added to the softwere alot of us could use them as well
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:50 pm

Dale

The file name is no problem. You will have to give me a sample of the contents of each file.

Also, what folder do you want to file to be placed in and are you providing the software to transmit the files.

Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:53 am

Hi Dale,

the daly sale file would have stock number description qty sold and total sales price

stock number Description Qty Sold Sales
5012535150186 A4 Photo paper Glossy 5 20.66
(tab out)

the stock file would have stock number description qty in stock

stock number Description Qty in stock
012535150186 A4 Photo paper Glossy 5
(tab out)

The fields lengh is the same as your software. I am using my software to transmit the files and for the folder will be on the root of the hard disk called reports

dale if you want i can e-mail you sample files
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:59 pm

A sample file would be helpful.

Plus details would not hurt.

Do you want merchandise data from the whole stock table, only those lines with a valid stock number, or only those lines that had an item sold that day.

What if the register closes out two or more times in the same day? Since the file name is TSC followed by the date this means that if the file is created wtice in the same day that the second file will overwrite the first one and the sales from the first one will disappear.

Dale

lsunw
Forum Regular

Post by lsunw » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:52 am

I'm pretty interested to learn more about this new "MALL" feature...for import sale data to my ERP system so that I can have most up to date inventory records.

1. I would like to know what it mean by creating a /POS interface folder?
2. what the different between capital land file and jurong point file?
3. anyone can share their story on how they use the feature?

pdoucet

Post by pdoucet » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:44 am

Dale, I am trying to set up mall file but posconfig keeps telling me to create \POS INTERFACE on the drive. I have tried this on the root drive and in the folder I am running posconfig from but it doesn't find it. In relationship to the folder with POS.EXE in it where does this folder go?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:51 pm

The "mall file" feature is used to send the sales from a store in the mall to the mall's server so that the mall will know how much the store sold. Store rents are usually a percentage of the store's sales so the mall wants to know how much each store sold in order to collect the correct rent from the store at the end of the month.

To keep the mall from going nuts trying to read a different file format from each store the mall determines what the file format to reports sales will be. The two formats that the program currently can produce were set by the malls run by the mall owners Capitaland and Juron Point. Software provided by the mall will transmit the file to the mall server.

Both of these malls retrieve the file from a folder on the store's computer located from the root at C:\POS INTERFACE. notice that this folder name contains a space and more than 8 characters. This means that the POS software cannot create this folder. The user must use the Windows "My Computer" feature to create this folder. While Windows will ID this folder as C:\POS INTERFACE from DOS the folder name will be C:POSINT~1 If from the C: prompt you did the DIR command Windows '98 would display both of the folder names but 'XP and Vista will only display the POS INTERFACE folder name. The POS program actually uses the DOS folder name C:\POSINT~1

To see a sample of either the Capitaland or Juron Point files go to the "Mall file" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program. Now select one of the formats then enter an ID number. The screen will display a sample file name and the text of a sample file. Unless you run a store in either a Capitaland or Juron Point mall these files will probably be pretty useless to you.

OK then. This will not work with your mall, or you want to use this feature for your own nefarious purposes, so now what? How do you program in the file you need. Simple, you don't. Since a mall can mandate any file name in any folder containing any text format comprising any data from the closing screen there is no way that I provide a screen with formatting options that will do anything.

This means that I have to do it. You have to provide me with the formatting details that for the file that are mandated by your mall. Or if you you have your own deal going on describe that. If this is a mall deal then I will have to write code into the program specifically for your mall, and I am going to charge you for that.

However if you are trying to get your own deal going and I think that lots of other folks may be able to use it then I may not charge you for it. On your own deal if you can describe it and we can negotiate the details then it is more likely that it will be a freebee. However if you want exactly what you want, with no options, and no changes, then check the heft of your wallet because some of your money is coming my way.

Dale