Proposed new DHPOS screen

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Proposed new DHPOS screen

Post by daleadmin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:21 pm

I received this graphic from Dol.

Dol proposes this new screen for DHPOS. What do you think?

http://www.dhpos.com/dol.jpg and http://www.dhpos.com/dol2.jpg

Andrew
Site Administrator

Re: Proposed new DHPOS screen

Post by Andrew » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:13 pm

Hmm, not too keen on it - I don't like the DHPOS.com mention on the sales screen - it seems ... "spammy".
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:51 pm

Well actually it is not possible. The new top is 4 lines high wihout reducing the number of lines below from the current 25. This means that the proposed screen would be 29 lines. QB you can have 25, 30, 43, 50, or 60 screen lines but not in Windows XP, or Vista, and probably not 2000. So it might work in Windows '95 and '98, but not otherwise. Plus the more lines you put on the screen the smaller each line must be.

As far as the logo in the lower right corner of the screen is concerned Dol told me that it can be done in block graphics like the title screen. This is true, but what happens to the information that is current displayed in that corner of the screen. Where does it go? It seems to me it is more important to display the sales, discount, tax, and payment information than a DHPOS logo.

Dale

Dukane
Forum Regular

Post by Dukane » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:39 pm

I don't like it. The current one is working just fine.

RollerBall
Forum Regular

Post by RollerBall » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 am

Nothing like taking a quarter of the screen to show information that's already clearly on there ;)

Someone take those scissors and that sharp pencil away from dol, will you.... :roll:

digicafe
Occasional Poster

Post by digicafe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:46 am

WOW...i wonder to have new DHPOS puchase screen..very nice and part of new description line is very clear..so every item we scan customer can see the discription and price very clear. And the most very inportant thing is about DHPOS software..even we know this is free software but this also great software and i think more than thousand people use this software, DALE..This message is for you..i know that you write this software is for free but at the same you also ask people to do a donation to support this project. so, that mean if more user than u will get more donation. i agree with DOL to put your logo and your web url into the screen ..becouse with this logo customer will know what the name of the software and where is the software come from..with this information it is easy to customer to fine this great software ..[ DALE ..I HOPE NEW VERSION WILL COME WITH THIS NEW PURCHASE SCREEN BECOUSE I REALLY LOVE WITH THIS NEW SCREEN ]
dwfwfgfwf