POS Software Freezed & Questions about some Features

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

arcovine
Forum Regular
POS Software Freezed & Questions about some Features

Post by arcovine » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:15 am

Hello,

First of all, I'd like to thanks Mr. Dale Harris soooo much for making a really great POS software, for FREE! :o

Anyway, I found this software a couple of weeks ago by googling the words 'point of sale software'. I searched for a POS software because my older brother was about to open a small Japanese restaurant in my town in Pontianak, Indonesia.
He already has a programmer to make a cashier program for him, but the programmer just didn't show up at all! So, he got confused to where else to look for a program, so he asked me to search it in the internet, and I found this really cool DHPOS software! :D

So, I started to set it all up for his small restaurant, and it works great. However, there are times when we're about to close the register, the software just freezed. So it's likely that the program didn't really close the register. Then the next day when we open the register again, all transactions just added to the previous day transactions. So we got all confused, and we have to track and note down the transaction one by one from the Void menu.

I wonder what's wrong with it? Is it because the data gets too big that it affects the program somehow? But the restaurant just started a week ago. Please help. Thanks a lot. :)
Last edited by arcovine on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: POS Software Freezed

Post by daleadmin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:43 am

VNics,

Well that is kind of weird. Did this happen just once or does it happen often or every time you close out the register?

Did an error message appear on the screen. If so, what did the error message say?

If this is a one time only, or a rare occurance? The easiest fix is when you open the register the next day look at the opening receipt (or go to the "close" screen) and if every number but the "Cash fund" is not zero then just close the register out again. I am assuming that you are using option "2. Close register/print/erase/exit" to close the register because option "3. Exit program. No print. No erase" will not reset the sales figures.

Dale

arcovine
Forum Regular

Post by arcovine » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:09 am

It happened twice already. On the 18th October and yesterday. And no, there's no error message appear.

And yes, I do use option "2. Close register/print/erase/exit." It gave me 2 options to Continue or Cancel, I chose Continue. And then a report printed on the printer. After I pressed the Tab button, it should've appear a question asking whether I want to reset the merchandise data or not. But yesterday, it didn't show. It went back to the Report screen and freezed there. I've tried to press any buttons but it just didn't respond. (I've tried this a few times, but it just freezed there).

I'm sorry for my awful English. I try to explain the best I can :|
daleadmin wrote:The easiest fix is when you open the register the next day look at the opening receipt (or go to the "close" screen) and if every number but the "Cash fund" is not zero then just close the register out again.
I see, thank you very much. I'll try that when we close the register tonight :)

arcovine
Forum Regular

Post by arcovine » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:12 am

Uh, it didn't work. I've tried to close it many times but it just freezed on the Report screen.
Maybe I should reinstall it?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:45 am

There may be something wrong with the "Auto reports" setup. Go into the "8. Reports" feature and press [F1] then erase the auto report setup. Then try closing out the register.

Dale

arcovine
Forum Regular

Post by arcovine » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:51 am

Is it by pressing F4 button?

But it worked anyway! Now we're able to close the register! :D
Thanks so much Mr. Dale! *Gives you 1000x hugs* lol

arcovine
Forum Regular

Questions about some features

Post by arcovine » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:47 am

Hello again Mr. Dale, :D

I have a few questions to ask. Could we make the Void feature [by pressing F5 key] in the Purchase menu to be turned-off somehow? Coz we're worried that the employee would be able to void a real transaction without being known/recorded.

Second is, could the program detect the cash drawer whether it's closed or open?
What I mean is, for example: When a purchase is over, the cash drawer should be closed properly. If it's not, the program would be inactive until the cash drawer is closed properly.

That is all. Thanks in advance. :D