Credit Card Type

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular
Credit Card Type

Post by ChrisKraus » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:38 pm

I Know I have brought-up having all the Credit/Debit card info stored in the Program before (Type, Card#, Expiration).
<HR>
I Have A New Idea. How about just have it store the card type. When you select Credit, you would get a list of options that you could put in yourself. On the reciept, It could say:

Code: Select all

CREDIT PAYMENT: MasterCard                   $10.00
OR

Code: Select all

DEBIT PAYMENT: MasterCard                     $10.00
<HR>
You Could even make it so you could select where each of the options are available like Available On: Credit, Debit or Both You Could also make it so that it would only ask you for the Card Type on Credit or Debit only.
<HR>
My Example:
Credit/Debit Options Example wrote:1. Cash
2. Check
3. Credit/Debit
<HR>
1. Credit
2. Debit
3. Cancel
<HR>
Select Credit/Debit Type:

Scrolling-List Like for Check ID Location
<HR>
Amount:
<HR>
I think you would have to add another option to POSCONFG for all the settings this needs.

Just A Suggestion,
Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:02 pm

HI
that is a grate idea like under Credit
it be like this

1 master card
2 visa
3 amr-exp
and so on

same thing under debit

Thanks

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Post by ChrisKraus » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:26 pm

Anonymous wrote:HI
that is a grate idea like under Credit
it be like this

1 master card
2 visa
3 amr-exp
and so on

same thing under debit

Thanks
<HR>
Plus, You could set each option as available in Credit, Debit or both. So you could have MasterCard under Credit and Mastro under Debit.

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

Bobby
Forum Regular

Merchant Equiptment

Post by Bobby » Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:05 pm

Wouldn't that information print out on your merchant equiptment's receipt? Or, if you do manual forms, most businesses endorse the cards and you can see right away what kind of card it was. This type of information stored in the POS program, I feel would be useless and take up valuable space. I still do not see what the need was to add debit or credit to the pos program in the first place. Most pos equiptment that processes debits and credits will allow the user to print out batch reports that state this information. The pos equiptment actually breaks down the tender types as well.

What's done is done, I guess...

cmputerman
Forum Regular

Post by cmputerman » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:29 am

How about we have to type in each credit card acceped and have the entry like the categories and stock table entry. Because some shops won't take ViSA or Mastercard for example.

Just my opinion, cmputerman[/quote]