Void sales list bug

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

jake69
Forum Regular
Void sales list bug

Post by jake69 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 am

Dear Dale,

1:
I installed the 7.0c 2 weeks ago and had no probs at all. Now I realised 3 things in the Void sales history list. On new sales the totals are suddenly listed excl. tax. If I do a reprint it tells me that tax was zero, and I payed the tax difference as cash return. (2 files attached: POS void screenshot.jpg, and POS sale reprint screenshot.jpg). The original sales is processed correctly.

2:
If I go back in the history to before the update, there is some weird data in the tax and subtotal line. (POS History screenshot.jpg)

3:
If I use the F5 key to scroll back in the Void history, the POS program is terminated after a view pages.

I hope this makes sense, and there is some way to solve this. For any questions please email me on jakobus[a t]vanederen[ dot ]com.

Thanks for a great program. Keep up the good work.

Greatings from Austria,

Jake

My shop: http://www.stilgewohnt.at
Attachments
POS History screenshot.jpg
issue 1
POS History screenshot.jpg (85.41 KiB) Viewed 7086 times
POS sale reprint screenshot.jpg
issue 1
POS sale reprint screenshot.jpg (67.5 KiB) Viewed 7086 times
POS void screenshot.jpg
issue 2
POS void screenshot.jpg (33.79 KiB) Viewed 7086 times

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Void sales list bug

Post by daleadmin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Jake,

I tried to recreate your problem here with no success. What version did you upgrade from?

Please read this about file names http://keyhut.com/faq.htm#filename

Could you send the following files to me as an attachemnt to an email ???????.POS, ???????.TBL This will allow me to try to create your problem with your register settings.

Dale

jake69
Forum Regular

Post by jake69 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:55 pm

Dear Dale,

I upgraded from version 6.39i which worked for me quite some time, but hey I gave in to the typical male urge to "need" the newest toy:-)
... and since I did not see this prob during my testing period I have upgraded and used the new version already in my store....

The files I can only send you at the end of the week, since I will not be at the store before Friday and I only have an backup of the old version here with me.

Best regards,

Jake

jake69
Forum Regular

Post by jake69 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:03 am

By the way, If I do a reprint of a yesterdays sales, the file tells me that I gave money back (change), even if I did not...

Greatings from Vienna, Austria

Jake

http://www.stilgewohnt.at
Attachments
reprint.jpg
reprint.jpg (105.62 KiB) Viewed 6951 times

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Jake,

Maybe, but I assume that you will not give him change on a reprint. :)

Dale