DHPOS works under Windows 7

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
DHPOS works under Windows 7

Post by daleadmin » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:57 pm

I received an email today from a DHPOS user / Windows 7 beta tester telling me that DHPOS works under Windows 7 just the same as it works under Windows Vista. Since those two versions of Windows are so similar I was pretty sure that it would work but it is nice to have it varified.

HOWEVER a 64 bit install of Windows 7 or Vista will require that you install DOSBox, read this http://keyhut.com/64bit.htm

Dale

jm18
Occasional Poster

Re: DHPOS works under Windows 7

Post by jm18 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:41 am

I use dhpos on Window 7 and Vista..both systems are 64 bit and it works exactly the same on both. I also had it running on windows xp 32 bit and it has some issues with full screen mode not fitting but everything else seemed fine.

lsunw
Forum Regular

Post by lsunw » Sun May 22, 2011 9:41 am

Lately, I facing the problem for using DHPOS networking unable to detect/read the map drive for GLOBAL's DHPOS under Windows 7....

emery
Forum Regular

Post by emery » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:07 am

lsunw wrote:Lately, I facing the problem for using DHPOS networking unable to detect/read the map drive for GLOBAL's DHPOS under Windows 7....
if you are using the dosbox you must mount the network and the pos folder, sometimes if you have an xp computer you must put the files on your xp computer and load them off the xp computer from your w7 computer on dosbox ...
DSC "Dhpos Self Checkout" Is currently being worked on again, the new site is at
http://dhpos.midislandsnoblazers.ca