Programmable POS keyboards

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Programmable POS keyboards

Post by daleadmin » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:49 pm

There is some confusion out there about what POS programmable keyboards will do, or not do. So I have created this page to add to the confusion. http://keyhut.com/keyboard.htm

This will probably cause me to receive even more email about this than I receive now.

I can't win,

Dale

vie_ascenseur

Re: Programmable POS keyboards

Post by vie_ascenseur » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:02 am

I've always wondered how useful the POS Keyboards could be. Now I have a reason to eBay for one!

If I got one with a MSR, and encoded Magnetic Cards with, say, the "Void" code, would it work?
(I used to encode them into 3of9 and then print them onto cards, but a Magnetic Card is much more hardy, and water-resistant)

mmbwouters
Occasional Poster

Re: Programmable POS keyboards

Post by mmbwouters » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:53 am

I use AutoHotkey to program my standard keyboard. Fox example I programmed the F10 key to give a 10% discount on the last article. Normally I would have to press F9-1-ENTER-2-ENTER-10-ENTER, and now only F10. AutoHotkey is free and easy to program.