Beta test version, new features

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

peewee3ie
Forum Regular
Re: Beta test version, new features

Post by peewee3ie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Hi Dale,

I may have found a bug see the screen shot below.

This is happenning on any amount any item. add item to sale. then press + for total and chose cash and enter any amount then press enter and this is what happens.

The files I am using are from the pc at work. I have also tryed the on the one there as it is dos and dos only, it also have the same problem.

I was using version 7.00c2 something like that to 7.02
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:01 pm

I have also setup it up new and also get the same thing.

I know it is not my setting as I just set a basic system with just a stock table.

Dale do you have any idea what the problem is ??
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:27 pm

This will fix the program http://www.dhpos.com/pos.exe

Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:32 pm

Dale,

the funny thing the program would not crash it would be ok if you pressed enter a few time when it came up. will test this and let you know if I find anything. I am very suprise that no one else has reported it. Is it only me and you that test this program ?? :lol:
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Tony,

The problem was I had to do a last minute fix and to do so I had to put in a breakpoint that would display some values and freeze the program until I pressed [ENTER] so that I could read the values.

I made the fix and then forgot to remove the breakpoint.

Sorry,
Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:48 am

Dale

That not the problem it the fact that no one else has reported it.

Maybe every one is sick from eating to many ester eggs except me and you who only ate one ;) ;)
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

mrdmng
Forum Regular

Post by mrdmng » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:00 pm

I am unable to print all the pages of the journals during the close... both my registers (on a network) only print the first page, although the entire close report (all of the day's transactions) shows up in the aprint4 window... ???
And when I print the Global close, I only get closing balance, is this the correct report from Global... (I just set-up the network with the issue of this new version)

Thanks in advance

mrdmng
Forum Regular

Post by mrdmng » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:49 am

I have also noticed that every opening receipts print out at the end of the day (when I print front the journal.txt file), which created quite the report when I first used the program trying to set it up for networking :)

I, too, get the same screen as Tony after the end of every sale only on my main computer, which has the Global folder.

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi mrdmng ,

you need to down load the software again and extract it into the folder where you have pos software on the main computer.

This will cause you no problems. I had to do it and it will run with no problems just make sure that you do it when the other computers are off and the software is not running on the main computer.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:32 pm

mrdmng,

I just closed out the register here using APRINT4.EXE and a printer port setting of FILE: and it printed out the closing receipt followed by the entire journal with no problem. You say that the entire journal is sent to the APRINT4.EXE window but it is not printed? Weird. Can you send me a copy of your journal file here so I can try to print it? What are the settings you have entered into the "Journal" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program?

A journal is a LOCAL phenomenon meaning that sales are only stored in the journal from that register. On the GLOBAL register only the opening and closing of the register will be in the journal because you cannot ring sales on the GLOBAL register.

Dale

mrdmng
Forum Regular

Post by mrdmng » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:27 pm

peewee3ie wrote:Hi mrdmng ,

you need to down load the software again and extract it into the folder where you have pos software on the main computer.

This will cause you no problems. I had to do it and it will run with no problems just make sure that you do it when the other computers are off and the software is not running on the main computer.
This solved the problem I had at the end of a sale... Thanks Tony