[F9] Look gift Crash

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Bobby
Forum Regular
[F9] Look gift Crash

Post by Bobby » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:46 am

Hello Dale,

This might have been mentioned before, but when I try and do an [F9] from the main screen, and enter in a blank, or no existent gift card number, the program crashes with the following error:

Path/File access error in line 0 of module POS5 at address 3361:36A6
Hit any key to return to the system

I know, why would you enter in erroneous information, but this can happen by mistake, and instead of the program crashing, I would expect to get an error message, either that the number is not found, etc... and the option to return to the main screen.

I am using version 7.02.

Thank you,
Bobby

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Re: [F9] Look gift Crash

Post by peewee3ie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:43 am

Hi Bobby,

I have tryed it here and work with no problems at all. you could try and downloading the file again and see does it work.

Could you tell us you setting for the gift cards in posconfig. IIt would be most helpful for Dale to find the bug and also I could try it to see if it is just your setting that creats the your problem local to you.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

Bobby
Forum Regular

Re: [F9] Look gift Crash

Post by Bobby » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Hello,

Sorry, I guess I did not test this fully. I had all of the setting set as follows:

2. Gift card number is typed, scanned, or swiped.
1. Print a receipt to be used as the gift card.

Yes [F5]
Yes [F6]
Yes [F7]

but I had yet to actually sell a gift card. I went in and sold a zero value gift card, and now the [F9] function works fine.

I am thinking that a file must get created when you sell the gift card for the history, and since I did not sell one, yet, that file was missing.

Thanks again, and sorry to bother,
Bobby