Added Discount?

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

arcovine
Forum Regular
Added Discount?

Post by arcovine » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:02 am

Hello,

I'd like to ask if there's a feature of an added discount (if this is the right phrase)?

For example: 15% + 5%
So if the total price is Rp 100.000, add discount 15%, it became Rp 85.000, and then add another 5% discount, the total will become Rp 80.750.

Receipt example:

Total price------Rp 100.000
15% Discount---Rp 15.000 -
----------------------------------
------------------Rp 85.000
5% Discount----Rp 4.250 -
----------------------------------
TOTAL----------Rp 80.750
========================

Please help on this matter, thank you :)

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Added Discount?

Post by daleadmin » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:09 am

VNics,

Nope. There is only one whole sale discount. To use your example the only way that could be done now is to give a whole sale discount of 15% and then when you ring up each item use the [F9] key to give a 5% discount on each item. Which would be a pain if there were 30 items in the sale and you do this for several customers a day.

The ony way I see of doing this in the future would be to change the program to allow 3 decimal places in the discount rate. Then you could enter the combined rate at 19.250%. This would be much easier for me to code into the program and always remember that our whole purpose here is to provide less work for me.

However this would lead to two problems. First the folks that work for you would have to be able to calculate the combined rate. But you can solve that by calculating it for them and posting it.

A more serious problem would be to explain to the 95.69% of customers that are math challenged that a 15% discount compounded with a 5% discount is not a 20% discount. Good luck with that.

Dale

andy1m
Forum Regular

Post by andy1m » Tue May 17, 2011 5:58 am

I have the same issue here. Not all our items in our store is have discount. If a customer buy 5 items, 3 of them have 30% and 2 are normal priced. How to to enter the transaction?

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue May 17, 2011 7:32 am

andy1m,

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can use the the new "Alternate price" feature. This is from the manual...
=============================================
Sale / Alternate prices
Enter a sale price and it will over-ride the regular price. This is true even if the "sale price" is higher than the regular price. When the sale is over all you have to do is to delete the sale price and the regular price will be reinstated, you do not have to re-enter the regular price.

You can also use the sale prices for something else. If on the setup screen for the stock table you set "Use SALE PRICE as ALTERNATE PRICE" to "YES" then you can use the sale price as a second price for each item. Now when you are ringing up a sale, at the center left of the screen will be a color strip that will either say "[F4] REGULAR PRICES" or "[F4] ALTERNATE PRICES", press [F4] to toggle between the two. When the strip says REGULAR then the program will charge the regular price. When the strip says ALTERNATE you will charge the sale (alternate) price. This allows you to have one set of prices for regular customers and special prices for other customers.

You can press [F4] as many times as you wish during a sale so that you can decide to charge the regular or sale price for individual items in the same sale. The [F4] setting will stick until you press it again so make sure at the beginning of the next sale that it is set to what you want.

For both sale prices or alternate prices if the price is 0.00 then the regular price will be charged. This means that if the regular price and the sale / alternate price are the same you can leave the sale / alternate price set to 0.00.
===============================
Another method is to ring up the sale items first, then press "[F9] Reductions." Choose "all above", a percentage reduction, then enter 30%. Now enter the items that sell for the regular price.

Dale

andy1m
Forum Regular

Post by andy1m » Tue May 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Thks for the quick reply!

Actually I already found the solution last night, because it was late so I did not post the finding. And now I know there are other ways of doing that, THKS again.

And another thing, is there any way to show the thousands separator? For example 10.000 instead of 10000. I always look for this features when I was looking for electronic cash register.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue May 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Nope.

Dale

andy1m
Forum Regular

Post by andy1m » Wed May 18, 2011 12:00 am

OK Thks. Still exploring the features of the program. Hope it suitable for us.

andy1m
Forum Regular

Post by andy1m » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:39 am

After running this program for two days in our store. We felt that there are simply too many steps and too many keys to press. Especially when some of our items have discount and while some are normal price. And if our regular customers with our member cards who entitled for extra 10% discount.

And our employees still do not know how to use it for discount...

This is a very good program if we don't give discount or we can give a wholesale discount for all items.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:46 am

Unfortunately I still have not found a way to get the program to read the clerk's mind. I you want a sale to be complicated then it is, strangely enough, going to be complicated to ring up.

Dale