Possible 7.02 Bug

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

dave something
Forum Regular
Possible 7.02 Bug

Post by dave something » Fri May 08, 2009 5:13 pm

I tried using 7.02 on a network with three registers running. Program was running in a window in Vista on each. Time clock worked fine.

But, when making a sale, the program crashed every time the sale completed. Ring up sale, subtotal, collect payment, cash drawer opens, and program hangs. The small bit of detail I can offer is that is prints details of the sale on the top two lines of the window, in places they don't belong. Wish I could get a screen shot to show you but I can't. The detail it prints on the screen is just numbers, etc., including sale totals, etc., but in no apparent order or in no apparent reference to their proper location on the screen.

I have down graded to 7.01C and all is well with the world again. I would like to get 7.02 back since the staff were kind of digging not having to punch a piece of paper.

And, in support of the guy in an earlier post who mentioned to please format the weekly timecard report to reflect a Monday through Sunday work week, I heartily endorse his idea. I'm in the US (Minnesota) and the time cards I buy at Sam's Club to use in my manual time clocks are all formatted Monday - Sunday. Since that is how we collect time data now, it would be nice not to have to change to adopt your time clock.

FWIW. Hope you can chase down that bug. If you need more detail please let me know. I'll post/send what I can if it helps.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: Possible 7.02 Bug

Post by daleadmin » Fri May 08, 2009 5:57 pm

Dave,

You must have downloaded this the first few hours this was up on the site. The problem was reported and fixed right away and I assumed that almost no one had time to download it. To save you from downloading the whole thing again you can just download this file http://www.dhpos.com/pos.exe

I may consider re-entering the darkside again to make the week ending day an option between Saturday or Sunday but not until after I finish the new PURCHASE.EXE program.

Damn, I had almost started to feel clean again.

Dale

dave something
Forum Regular

Re: Possible 7.02 Bug

Post by dave something » Fri May 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks. I thought I couldn't be the first to notice that bug, but didn't find any reference to it either. Probably should have looked deeper.

In any event, thank you for the link.

Dave