Timeclock bug

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

cwathen
Forum Regular
Timeclock bug

Post by cwathen » Wed May 13, 2009 12:09 pm

Hi,

I seem to have found a bug with the timeclock. When using the option to view/print or amend a timecard, if you go back to a previous week, the program only displays the current week's dates.

The correct timecards with the correct timings and correct week end date are loaded, so the program is loading the correct files, it's just that it doesn't then calculate and display/print what the dates actually were for that week.

Chris

dave something
Forum Regular

Re: Timeclock bug

Post by dave something » Mon May 25, 2009 1:47 pm

Just want to throw my "Yeah, me too" comment in on this topic.

Just printed two weeks of time cards and they all display this week's dates.

And, just because I'm picking nits...when you attempt to print time cards using the "print all cards with data" option, you actually get EVERY potential time card (meaning all 28 or so employee 'spaces' whether they're used or not, and NOT just those with data.

So, if I promise not to ask for additional features for the time clock, could you find it in your heart to stabilize the features already present?

Much appreciated.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue May 26, 2009 3:20 pm

Make a backup of your current TIMECLOK.EXE file and then download this http://www.dhpos.com/timeclok.exe and see if that fixes the date problem.

I just tried to print out all the time cards and only those with data printed. BTW, if a time card only has an employee name that counts as data.

You do know that nobody was actually supposed to use the time clock feature?

Dale

dave something
Forum Regular

Post by dave something » Wed May 27, 2009 2:39 pm

daleadmin wrote:You do know that nobody was actually supposed to use the time clock feature?
I tried so hard to avoid it, but the employees kept punching in...

dave

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed May 27, 2009 5:20 pm

dave something,

So does the fix work for you?

Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu May 28, 2009 5:08 pm

I tried so hard to avoid it, but the employees kept punching in...
Try removing the TIMECLOK.EXE program from the folder that holds the POS software. That will stop them. :)

Dale

dave something
Forum Regular

Post by dave something » Sat May 30, 2009 12:24 pm

Progress... but now new issues.

The dates are printing and recording fine, but now we have a couple new misfeatures that are a little more lethal:

1. Time stamps are not recording. When the user does the cntl-insert bit, the screen behavior shows the status change (green highlight to red highlight), but when they go to punch out later, there is no prior punch visible for the shift. If I go back and correct the punch, THAT data stays, but not the one generated by the user. If I simply use the View Timecards feature, no punch data will be visible for a user's shift if I have NOT corrected it already.

2. New .clk files are being created now that are not labeled with dates. In addition to the four regular time clock files, I now have four files labeled sequentially like 00000.clk, 00001.clk, 00002.clk, and 00003.clk. Selecting any of these files and attempting to open them will crash the entire POS system, not just the time clock program. They only started appearing AFTER I installed the last patch you provided.

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide.

**EDIT** As of this morning there is another wrinkle. When staff punch in today (Sunday, May 31) no new card file is created, so now I cannot go back and edit their time stamps (the need to do so explained above). In the meantime, I will go back to the previous timeclk.exe and at least have files corrected and time stamps remain. I can deal with the odd dates for the time being. Sorry to be a bother.

Dave

cwathen
Forum Regular

Post by cwathen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:54 am

I have the same issues with the new patch so have also reverted to the release version. There is a sort workaround in that if you change the system time to be in the week you want to print timecards for then you will get the correct dates for that week - but of course you need to be sure to change it back again when you're done.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:15 pm

OK, try this http://www.dhpos.com/timeclok.exe

On the screen when you enter the PIN number it will say "Version 7.02a" in the upper left corner.

Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:00 pm

So? Does the fix in 7.02a work?

Dale

cwathen
Forum Regular

Post by cwathen » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Unable to try yet as I've had a few days off - will let you know tomorrow when I get back in to work

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:07 pm

Did anyone notice that when the program has a bug in it that people will tell me right away.

However when I post a fix folks have all the time in the world before they will tell me if it works?

So I guess that it must be working fine since if it had a bug they would have posted that long ago.

Dale

AussieAussie
Forum Regular

Post by AussieAussie » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:02 pm

daleadmin wrote:Did anyone notice that when the program has a bug in it that people will tell me right away.

However when I post a fix folks have all the time in the world before they will tell me if it works?

So I guess that it must be working fine since if it had a bug they would have posted that long ago.

Dale
What's the old saying..........

No news is good news.
"...In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

cwathen
Forum Regular

Post by cwathen » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:49 am

Sorry for taking ages to get back to you! All seems to work perfectly in the new version, I think this can now be put into the standard download of the program.