transfer stock table

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

Ecoolcollection
Occasional Poster
transfer stock table

Post by Ecoolcollection » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:08 am

Hi dales ,

We are going to use the new POS version, so how we transfer the stock table from the existing POS system to new POS version?

Hope to hear so solution soon

Thanks,
ecoolcollection

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: transfer stock table

Post by daleadmin » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:47 am

ecoolcollection,

What version do yo have now?

Dale

Ecoolcollection
Occasional Poster

Post by Ecoolcollection » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:15 am

Dear Dale,

The latest version is 7.02

Rgds,
Ecool Collection

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:04 pm

ecoolcollection,

Surprisingly I know what the current version of the program is since I wrote it and posted it up on my site. The information I need is what version you are using now.

Depending on what version you now have the upgrade may be as easy as downloading the new program files over the old program files. If you are upgrading from a much older version then it may get tricky. But for me to tell you if it will be easy or tricky you have to tell me what version you are currently using.

Dale

Andrew
Site Administrator

Post by Andrew » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:20 am

I'm wondering if they want to transfer a stock table from another POS system (not DHPOS) into DHPOS.
DHPOS Veteran (from v3.46, July 2002)

Ecoolcollection
Occasional Poster

Post by Ecoolcollection » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 pm

Dear Dales

currently we using version 6.40.

ecoolcollection

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:56 pm

ecoolcollection,

So you are using version 6.40 but not somethng like 6.40c or 6.40f ?

Then you just need to follow these instructions http://keyhut.com/upgrade.htm#current and you will not only be able to use your old stock table but all of your register settings also.

Here are some things you will have to consider after the upgrade...

If you are upgrading from version 6.40G to 6.40L after installing the new version run the FIX_HIST.EXE program to repair the sales history file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are upgrading from version 6.40j or earlier and you are using "Automatic reports" when you close the register, you will have to reformat the automatic report because the "Gift cards" report has been moved in the menu. That changes the reports menu and the reports are in a different order.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are upgrading from a version earlier than 6.40i the current version of the APRINT program is APRINT4.EXE, you must use APRINT4.EXE with version 6.40i or later of POS. This assumes that you use the APRINT program to print to USB port or other printers.
Before you upgrade to version 6.40g from an earlier version, and you use timers, you must go to the "Time sales" feature of the POSCONFG.EXE program to turn the timers ON.
Before you upgrade to version 6.40b from an earlier version you must unpark any parked sales using your current version.

Now you see why I ask what version you are currently using.

Dale