Epson TM-T80

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ianmccon
Occasional Poster
Epson TM-T80

Post by ianmccon » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:13 pm

Is anyone using an Epson TM-T80

It is a serial printer and I can get it working by using the TM-T88II driver and Aprint but it prints a couple of erraneous symbols before the text and I can't get the cutter to operate in any POS prog.

I want use use Dale's POS but can't get the cash drawer to fire.

Epson does not have a driver for it and haven't yet replied to my email asking for advice.

GAWG
Forum Regular

Post by GAWG » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:01 pm

The cash drawer will need to have an Epson specific interface.

What operating system are you using?

ianmccon
Occasional Poster

Post by ianmccon » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:20 pm

I am running XP. I am just about to test it in Win98. I'll let you know if it works.

The printer has an RJ11 interface. The cash drawer works in other POS software, but the cutter does not.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Printer drivers

Post by Dale Harris » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:21 pm

ianmccon,

Have you loaded the printer drivers for your printer? Can you use your word processing program to print on your printer? Then you use APRINT have you selected your printer for APRINT to print to?
Dale

ianmccon
Occasional Poster

Post by ianmccon » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:34 pm

Dale

The problem is that I can't find drivers for the TM-T80. It will print fine with the T88ii driver. I can print with Aprint running.

The only problem that I have is the cash drawer. It works Ok with Cash Register Express.

I was hoping that someone may have a driver for the TM-T80 even if it meant running Win95.

Alan
POS Guru

hmm

Post by Alan » Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:56 pm

The nearest printer to the T80 is the T85, but looking at the Epson POS website it does'nt list anything previous to the T88II :cry:

Do you have these drivers: "Epson Advanced Printer Driver for TM Series Ver. 2.10E" - I have'nt installed them on my system to check, but perhaps an older version will be compatible.

It will only cut if you use the partial cut printer option setup in Printer properties. The cutter options in DH-POS are'nt applicable, nor are the cash drawer codes i'm afraid.

I will look into it though!

Alan

ianmccon
Occasional Poster

Post by ianmccon » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:05 pm

Hi Alan

I've tried earlier versions of the Epson drivers but the T80 isn't in any of them.

Do you mean the Windows printer properties?

Alan
POS Guru

yes

Post by Alan » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:37 am

Yeah, under Windows printer properties you should find options for the cutter.

Alan

ianmccon
Occasional Poster

Post by ianmccon » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:53 am

I don't have that option under the windows printer properties.

Alan
POS Guru

Ok

Post by Alan » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:33 am

Hi again,

Never noticed you were from the North!

I "think" that the partial cut thing is actually a driver in its own right.. Its ages since I had my Epson T88 attached for playing with!

I'm sure there was a different driver called "Epson T88II Partial Cut"? I could be getting confused with the Epson OPOS drivers..

Alan