Possible New Feature??

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ITtech09
Possible New Feature??

Post by ITtech09 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Dale,
I was thinking of a couple new features just some things that i have seen over the years of using dos based POS programs that might be a nice addition.. But you can decide for your self wheather or not it is. For locations that use multiple registers with mulitple employees, how about adding a feature that would lock the user from being able to escape the ring up screen with out using a password as an extra step for security.. And im not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not and i know that you are working on creating the new customer account featurebut making a feature that would allow for those "Corporate Accounts" to be billed for their purchases so instead of paying on the spot for the items the tendered would be 0.00 and it would get charges to their account?? Interested to hear what you think thanks PJ and if this doesn't make sense im sorry its late and im a little tired lol so just let me know either way

PJ
ITtech09

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Re: Possible New Feature??

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:44 pm

ITtech09,

Q1) How about adding a feature that would lock the user from being able to escape the ring up screen with out using a password as an extra step for security..
A1) If there is no password then if the sale must be escaped how would that work?

Q2) Making a feature that would allow for those "Corporate Accounts" to be billed for their purchases so instead of paying on the spot for the items the tendered would be 0.00 and it would get charges to their account??
A2) The sale would be posted to the .REC file with 0.00 being the amount tendered. This also means that the closing screen / receipt would not include this sale. There will be a whole new program file that will allow you to manage these transactions and to bill the customers. To make a payment on a customer account you will ring it up on the regular sales screen as a "Payment" sale.
Dale