Feature request: Tax summary in reports

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

oeb
Forum Regular
Feature request: Tax summary in reports

Post by oeb » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:46 am

In order to transfer sales to my "accounting system" I have all products in a category that corresponds with the tax rate of that item. This way I can make a report for the entire season and get totals for each tax rate. However, it would be of course be more practical if the reports could do this by standard, so I could use the categories for what they are supposed to. The way the reports work now is just to show all prices excluding tax, which is not really very helpful.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Re: Feature request: Tax summary in reports

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:31 pm

oeb,

When you do a report "A. Total sales" report it will report the taxes collected for each tax rate. Since you can set a start date and and end date for this report it can be used to find the taxes collected for each tax rate for any time period.

Dale
Dale

oeb
Forum Regular

Post by oeb » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:42 am

That's right. However, it doesn't specify items sold that are exempt tax (i.e. books here in Norway). I could probably calculate it from the numbers given though.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:52 pm

oeb,

If books are exempt from tax then when you enter them into the stock table you set the tax rate number to zero and they will be charged zero percent tax.
Dale

oeb
Forum Regular

Post by oeb » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:36 am

I know that and that's how I've done it, but I need a total for articles sold exempt tax. This is what I've used the categories for (i.e. one for 0%, one for 14% and one for 25%). In addition there is a special rule for certain articles bought from people who are not tax registered themselves: Then we only need to pay 25% tax on our provision (sale price - cost price = taxable provision) that further complicates things. We don't sell any such items right now though.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Post by Dale Harris » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 pm

I cannot see adding this to the program in the immediate future, or at all unless a whole bunch of people start asking for it.

Sorry,
Dale

oeb
Forum Regular

Post by oeb » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:24 am

Then I'll have to stick to my categories :). I don't quite understand how other people do it though, I guess tax reports are done different in the U.S.