Feature request: Price modes

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

oeb
Forum Regular
Feature request: Price modes

Post by oeb » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 am

I have another little feature request, then I will (try to) shut up for now ;).

I miss a feature to have multiple prices on items, since I prefer to have separate "family prices" rather than a discount percentage. There could be a switch to turn on "family prices" (of course it would be named something else) for either an entire sale and/ or individual items. In addition, I would like to be able to easily sell items at cost price (mainly to keep track of what I take out of the store myself, but also if you sell left-over goods to family etc.). So three "modes": Regular prices, family prices and cost price. Maybe the sale price function could be used for this by changing it so it would not necessarily override the regular price.

Dale Harris
Forum Owner

Re: Feature request: Price modes

Post by Dale Harris » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:25 pm

oeb,

Having multiple prices for each item has been requested at least once before but it does not seem to have a large number of people asking for it. The main problem is that I cannot see a way to do it without reformatting the stock table. The last time I did that it took over 3 months. Well there is also the problem of adding even more code to the POS.EXE program.

However this feature is in the "think about it" pile but I have no idea when, or if, it will bubble up to the top.
Dale

oeb
Forum Regular

Re: Feature request: Price modes

Post by oeb » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:31 am

Okay, thanks. I think my idea could be done without redesigning the table, since the "sale price" and "cost price" columns are already there, but I suppose you had a more flexible solution (i.e. unlimited number of prices) in mind.