APRINT4 and DRawer Kick

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

ELPRODUCT0
APRINT4 and DRawer Kick

Post by ELPRODUCT0 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:59 am

Let me begin by thanking Dale for creating a great program. I am having a slight issue I have a usb receipt printer EPSON TM-H6000II and I am able to print to the printer using the APRINT4 but I am unable to kick open the register. I go into posconfg and try to configure the drawer. I enter the codes I found on this site and hit the test open and the program stops responding at the pick 1. or 2 option. I wanted to find out if it is possible to kick the drawer open when using the APRINT4 to connect to receipt printer. I am also having some cutoff issue with the receipt printer the tax and price do not get printed on the receipt. Thanks for any help from anyone that can help.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Re: APRINT4 and DRawer Kick

Post by daleadmin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:37 pm

Reset the cash drawer open code to 65,66,67,68,69. This will not open the cash drawer but it will print ABCDE on the receipt. This is a test to see if the opening code is being sent to the printer. Let me know if that happens. Do this while ringing up a sale not in the "Open drawer" feature. The test may not work on a USB printer.

Does everthng else print on the receipt. Is the issue that the rightmost characters are not printing on the printer or it prints everything else on the receipt just not tax or price. Or is it not printing on the bottom of the receipt.

Details matter,

Dale

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Put this code in for the cash drawer and it should work

27, 112, 48,

this code works for me on a lot of epson printer. It seems to be a common code that will work with almost all epson (It worked on all epson I tryed for sure)

and for the receipt problem (it is feed problem that is quite common with epson receipt printer) is you will have to go to printer setup

3rd line down set this to 7 try and print a receipt and if you are still missing part of the receipt ajust it on till you are missing nothing
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

ToPS

Post by ToPS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:34 pm

An alternative could be to use a seperate cash drawer kick device connected to a com port.

We use this method very successfully when we have one networked printer for two or more terminals or when we use a non POS printer without a build in drawer kick feature.

Hope this helps.

ToPS

elproducto

Post by elproducto » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:23 pm

I reset the cash drawer code to 65,66,67,68,69. I did get the ABCDE.

On the receipt mostly everything shows up except the actual dollar amouts. On the bottom right I see the following but no actual dollar amount to the right of them.

Sub total
total tax
total
cash tendered
change due

I reset the cash drawer to 27, 112, 48. I did get a receipt but no cash drawer open. Where ABCDE was for the last code this time it had a square looking icon and followed by "P0". Again no cash amounts

The cash drawer I have has a RJ-11 connector to the printer. I was wondering if that could be made into a comm connector by buying one of those RJ-11 to rs-232 connectors? Then connect the cash drawer straight to a com port like ToPS suggested.

Thanks for all the help.

peewee3ie
Forum Regular

Post by peewee3ie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi elproducto,

Did you buy this printer and cash drawer new?. If so I would go back to who you got it off and they should be able to test it or they should know the code that kick the cash drawer open.

The rs323 thing will not work with your cash drawer as 24v (voltes) for it to open and it will need a few other bit to make it work.

Did you install the epson driver for that printer or did you install the windows default genric printer diver.

I will try and get the code from epson epos Support as I have to ring about a Epson pos system that runs diffrent software that will not cut the paper and hope to get the code for your printer.
Tony McGuire
Ireland Support

elproducto

Post by elproducto » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:16 pm

I did not buy this system new. A local company went out of business and sold there old POS systems. I tested the register with another POS software with the codes provided on this sites cash drawer code page and it opened the register on that software. I installed the Epson driver for windows. If you find the code please share.

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:45 pm

This just in...

The test for opening the cash drawer in the POSCONFG.EXE program does not work for USB or serial printers. It only works for parallel printers. However when you print an actual receipt from the POS.EXE program it should work to open the drawer.

I have fixed the above problem and if you are using version 7.03 you can download a new POSCONFG.EXE program here http://www.dhpos.com/posconfg.exe after you have made a backup of the old file.

Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:49 am

Has anyone got this to work yet?
I have a tm88iv epson and I can print but cannot get the system to kick the drawer out.

Let me know
Thanks
Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:00 am

If you are using APRINT4.EXE you are a little behind the current 7.04e version of the POS program. What version do you have? The test for opening the cash drawer may not work with the version you have, you may have to print out an actual receipt when ringing a "no sale" from the POS.EXE program for a good test.

I am assuming that the tm88iv printer you have does not connect to the serial port on your computer and that you have set the "Open drawer" feature in the POSCONFG.EXE program to [PRINTER] and have entered the code 27,112,48,55,121

Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:03 am

Hi Dale,

I am using Aprint5.exe at the moment and I have set the cash drawer code to the same that you have specified. I am still having no luck.
I have also tried the 65,66,67,... code and it does display the ABCDE at the top.

What else can I try
Regards
Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:27 am

On the other thread you are posting you said that it printed "p0" in the top corner of the receipt. If you entered the code 27,112,48,55,121 but skipped the 27 then it would print "p07y" in the top corner. Please go back to the code page and make sure the code entered is 27,112,48,55,121

When the POS program prints to APRINT it actually prints to the file WLSDFKJN.DRY. APRINT sends this file to the printer and then deletes it. If you print a receipt without APRINT running the file will not be sent to the printer and will remain in the folder where you store your POS program files. You can load WLSDFKJN.DRY into any word processing program. If you load it into MS Word the "Open drawer" code will appear to the left of the first line and for 27,112,48,55,121 it will be displayed as a small square followed by "p07y". What do you get?

Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:22 pm

I got the following squarep07ysquarep0squaresquaresquare
I imagine that this correct?

Dale

daleadmin
Forum Owner

Post by daleadmin » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:27 pm

Nope. Go to the "Header" feature and set the "Graphic" code to all zeros.

Dale

Dalem44
Forum Regular

Post by Dalem44 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi Dale,

I have sorted most of the problems out... I found this web page http://support.scansource.com/images/TK ... KP2734.pdf
which told me how to do it through windows and it works like a charm.

The only thing is that the cash drawer opens up whenever I print on the receipt printer.
I have found that my dhpos sometimes freezes after a sale do you know why possibly? is it because its full screen on xp?

Regards
Dale