Time clock problem

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

daleadmin
Forum Owner
Time clock problem

Post by daleadmin » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:47 pm

I have received the following email from A.L.
=========================================
I am having an issue with the time clock function. When I print a time card by it self, the very last line which would show the totals does not appear in the txt file. When you print all of the time cards they all print fine except for the last card in which the last line showing the totals does not appear. This is not just on paper but in the txt file itself. I can send you a copy of a time card if you would like.
I am currently using POS 7.03. It is networked through a central server. I have tried retrieving the time cards from different terminals but I still get the same results. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
=========================================
I spent 3 hours trying to recreate this error here with no luck, it works fine. I then asked A.L. to sent to me his confinguation files, a copy of one of his time sheet files, and a file of the print out generated from the time sheet file. The print out did show the error that he is haven abut after another 4 hours of work here with his files I was still not able to generate the error.

This is what he is doing. To crate the text file that he went to the supervisor menu then to "2. View time cards". Then he picked the time card file wanted. Then pressed [TAB] and chose the option to "2. Save as text file." This will result in the creation of a ???????.TMT text file that can be loaded into any word processing software.

Have any of you had this problem? I can't fix a problem that I do not experience.

Dale

AussieAussie
Forum Regular

Re: Time clock problem

Post by AussieAussie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:03 pm

No problem here. I don't use the time clock function, but did play around with it and it works fine for me.
I am not networked here though.
"...In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Wes
Forum Regular

Re: Time clock problem

Post by Wes » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Works fine for me. Played with a network setup too, and still working fine.
-Wes :O)